Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prunus spinosa_Air layer? Please share your experience.

2 posters

Go down

Prunus spinosa_Air layer?  Please share your experience. Empty Prunus spinosa_Air layer? Please share your experience.

Post  Vlad Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:23 pm

I have tryied to airlayer a sacrifice branch on a sloe.  Started in early May - checked in second half of Sept.   No single roots just callus.  Maybe a reasonable start for next season?   I will not find out.  Quick cut and done.  Cool

Well, I know this was more a stick than a reasonable thick trunk.  Does this play a role? 

Could you please share your experience specifically with a blackthorns?

Same method & timing
Air layer_strip of bark removed, rooting hormone, acadama with shredded sphagnum moss.   The same technique I have used many times.

Prunus spinosa
Prunus spinosa_Air layer?  Please share your experience. Prunus10

Pyrus communis
Prunus spinosa_Air layer?  Please share your experience. Before10
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Prunus spinosa_Air layer?  Please share your experience. Empty Re: Prunus spinosa_Air layer? Please share your experience.

Post  yamasuri Sat May 16, 2020 2:56 pm

Hi Vlad here Vlad too...hehe Born in Czech living Montreal Haven't been a while here on IBC pages so start reading found your thread. Is quite strange it doesnt root airlayer? Try maybe another place and ring bark supported with wire cut in bark I did with Taxus Cusp.and it helped succsesed. Blackthorn is kind of danger species here it produce som kind of kianid poison. Well growing freely as any side of bushes around roads. Was thinking to try one for bonsai and never get anything interesting to start [nice small trunk, root base??] BTW if you want drop me an PM
Vlad
yamasuri
yamasuri

Back to top Go down