Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cascade Rosemary awaiting spring.....

4 posters

Go down

Cascade Rosemary awaiting spring..... Empty Cascade Rosemary awaiting spring.....

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:42 pm

Cascade Rosemary awaiting spring..... 20190410

Just a simple Rosemary from garden stock that I have developed over the past few years...
(in a vessel that might be a Myrick, but I am not positive and for that I apologize)

waiting patiently for spring............... Rolling Eyes

many more posts on Instagram @wisco_bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Cascade Rosemary awaiting spring..... Empty Re: Cascade Rosemary awaiting spring.....

Post  Vlad Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:39 pm

Hi Kevin,
Your "rabbit" tree is developing nicely.  

What is your thoughts about branches that are horizontal or perpendicular to the soil surface?  Or +/- paralel to each other like the two branches in the top?  Twisting the front top branch anticlocwise and moving it few degrees to the right will make me happy:) Even though you would need to rewire that poor thing.  And if it breaks then you still have chance  to go to the forest to get a rabbit. Cool    

OK, I know.  A pain in the... Yes, that's me.  

I am so lonely here... alien

bounce
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Cascade Rosemary awaiting spring..... Empty Re: Cascade Rosemary awaiting spring.....

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:19 pm

Hey Vlad... those issues will be eliminated as time goes on... I was unable to get the planting angle i wanted right away due to rosemary being particular about having more that 1/3 of the roots removed at 1 go and as you can see, I have a remaining hump of roots that will go as more form below...

other issues (crown etc) to be sorted out as well... after killing 1 of these, I am handling this one a bit more cautiously Razz

Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Sat May 04, 2019 2:06 am

Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai wrote:... ... after killing 1 of these, I am handling this one a bit more cautiously Razz
Yes, I think they are touchy.
I would also work on Rosemary with caution.
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Mon May 06, 2019 1:43 pm

I have been growing Rosemary with a view to bonsai-ing some, but what I've found is that they get to a certain age and trunk thickness then decide it's time to die. My most established one has done this after flowering beautifully this spring.

HOWEVER, after having been far too lazy to dig it up and chuck it out, I am now glad I left it as it is sprouting merrily from the base.  

I think that in my damper, cooler climate, I just need to be prepared that any Rosemary bonsai will be short-lived.  Moral of the story - take loads of cuttings.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Wed May 15, 2019 5:53 pm

Oh-Oh... well I have had this one for about 4 years now I think... thanks for the heads up !
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down