Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sequoia Leaves

4 posters

Go down

Sequoia Leaves Empty Sequoia Leaves

Post  Hawke84 Wed May 23, 2018 9:00 pm

Hi, I have a new Sequoia, bought last weekend from the garden centre. I put it outside in a fairly sheltered shaded spot, not too much sun but the leaves are not happy. they still have the same ones in the garden centre and they all look really happy.
Its only been outside for a week but i've moved indoors as im worried im killing it. I know these are meant to live outside and are fairly hardy but not sure what im doing wrong.
Sequoia Leaves 20180513
Sequoia Leaves 20180511
Sequoia Leaves 20180512
Sequoia Leaves 20180510

Hawke84

Back to top Go down

Sequoia Leaves Empty Re: Sequoia Leaves

Post  BrendanR Wed May 23, 2018 10:56 pm

It must be outside. There are many reasons why it could be showing signs of stress, but they all boil down to the same (vague) thing. Recent major change in environment.

This tree was used to living somewhere quite different to where it is now. It has to adapt to your environment. Be careful to think about any differences and try and compensate for those. Although that may be a blind alley as you can't know all the factors that were relevant in the old home.

Just remember that at heart all trees want plenty of light, a temperate and not too varied temperature, and water enough to keep the leaves turgid. Get those right and you are either a guru, or lucky, or somewhere in between.

But indoors is a no-no.

BrendanR

Back to top Go down

Post  john blanchard Mon May 28, 2018 6:30 pm

(metasequoia)
john blanchard
john blanchard

Back to top Go down

Sequoia Leaves Empty Dawn Redwood

Post  tonywel Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:15 pm

First the pictures that you sent looks like a dawn redwood which is in the Sequoia family. I have a 5 tree forest of dawn redwoods, and a big redwood tree. My tree get a least 5-6 hrs. of sun a day. I also use Dyna-Grow to feed my trees.
I feed weekly at half straight . I hope that the pictures will open and can see them
Sequoia Leaves Dsc09711
Sequoia Leaves Dsc09712

tonywel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down