Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baobab with winter rain

2 posters

Go down

Baobab with winter rain Empty Baobab with winter rain

Post  ekenjy Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:13 am

Hi anyone, I live in Perth Western Australia. Here we get winter rain and almost no summer rain. I have one 6 year old baobab (kremetartboom) in a pot and have been successful in keeping it safe in the winter rain so far but I had to transplant it into a larger pot. The plan I used to keep it dry last year is not going to work this year with this latest LARGE pot. (the pot is now immovable). Does anyone have a plan for the coming winter in 3 months time. I know it's still early days but I always seem to leave things till the last minute. We sometimes get weeks of constant winter rain and I'd hate to lose it now. Putting it under a roof is also now out of the question. It is about 7' high, it would have been much larger but I made many mistakes being inexperienced. I would appreciate a solution. Thanks, Annemarie

ekenjy

Back to top Go down

Baobab with winter rain Empty Umbrella

Post  breck Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:06 pm

How about an umbrella like structure Wood posts and some rigid plastic sheeting over the top? Bolt it all togeather and it should be easily dismantled, with netting over it it might double up as summer shading

breck

Back to top Go down