Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Help me to Identify my Ficus

2 posters

Go down

Please Help me to Identify my Ficus Empty Please Help me to Identify my Ficus

Post  mahbub Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:42 am

Dear Bonsai Buddies, I am quite new in this business, and i am trying hard and reading and watching a lot. Would you please help me to identify my first bonsai. I think it is Ficus microcarpa 'Green Island'. But the difference between F. microcarpa and F. retusa is kind of smokey.
I would also appreciate few critique about the style.

Thanks in advance.

mahbub

Please Help me to Identify my Ficus Wp_20118
Please Help me to Identify my Ficus Wp_20117
mahbub
mahbub

Back to top Go down

Please Help me to Identify my Ficus Empty Re: Please Help me to Identify my Ficus

Post  David Brunner Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:10 pm

Hello Mahbud:

Welcome to bonsai and welcome to the forum. I am sorry that you are finding the world of botanical nomenclature difficult and confusing; alas even many who have spent their lives in the pursuit find it such.

I am certain that your guess with regard to your tree being Ficus microparpa cv. “green island” is correct.

If you want a deeper conversation with regard to F. microcarpa and F. retusa I would be delighted. However, all such taxonomic debate set aside, I think your identification is correct.

David B.

David Brunner

Back to top Go down

Please Help me to Identify my Ficus Empty Re: Please Help me to Identify my Ficus

Post  mahbub Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:22 am

Thanks David for your confirmation.
mahbub
mahbub

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down