Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cat poop. serious question

+13
NeilDellinger
LH1953
BonsaiBoy
John Quinn
Norma
irene_b
Jay Gaydosh
Tom
Wm Tom Davis
Kev Bailey
flor1
bumblebee
bobby little
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

cat poop. serious question - Page 2 Empty Re: cat poop. serious question

Post  bobby little Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:07 pm

Jay Gaydosh wrote:Boffin in all things fauna, no, more of a sh*tologist. Although my flora education also involved truck loads of horse and rabbit manure (and a few 5-gallon buckets of good olf chicken poop.)

Not a dog trainer, but in the words of Victoria Stillwell, "There are no bad dogs, only bad dog owners." (feel free to substitute idiot for bad Very Happy ) If it is a serious dog question, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do. If its in jest, I have lots of suggestions, only none of them are politically correct.. Dance

Jay

My dog is a beaut to be honest. She was very hard work at first, having come to me with three legs and a mutilated tail. God knows what happened to her. She's not a bit of bother now in comparison. She's just very idiosyncratic and daft. But thanks for the offer. It's the bloody trees I need the help with dude.
bobby little
bobby little

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:30 am

Jay Gaydosh wrote:Boffin in all things fauna, no, more of a sh*tologist.
Jay
Jay G...scatologist extraordinaire! ThumbsUp
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

cat poop. serious question - Page 2 Empty lion king

Post  BonsaiBoy Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:13 am

to cover the "why would larger cat poop have anything to do with keeping cats away" issue. If the excrement of a large cat was left in the vicinity of the bonsai, the house cats will be scared to go anywhere near it. It works very much in the same was as how dogs mark their territory. The larger the dog, the less likely his area will be taken over, all able to be told just by the scent of the urine. Just works with cat crap this way around. Does it work...yes....would i suggest you do it...no. Buying a stand for your bonsai at the local greenery is always a possibility, if that is a problem...expand? And if u are in an apartment...ur SOL Very Happy
BonsaiBoy
BonsaiBoy

Back to top Go down

Post  LH1953 Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:31 am

Next time you are at the grocery store, pick up some powdered garlic.....NOT garlic salt!!!!! Sprinkle some of the powdered garlic on the soil in your pots and the cats will no longer use that as a litter box. Repeat every two weeks or so.

LH1953

Back to top Go down

Post  NeilDellinger Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:07 am

Everything you need below:
Sturdy bench, a friend to help out with the lifting, a bag, sack or cardboard box, quick trip to the shelter. Had a cat once for 2 days, peed in the dining room one day, gone the next. No offense to the feline lovers out there.

Had an English Mastiff for years....best pet ever.

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

cat poop. serious question - Page 2 Empty Another serious feline question...

Post  my nellie Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:30 am

The thread has been inactive long ago but for the economy of the forum, I would like to post here my problem with my two cats.
They keep eating some trees' leaves, i.e. olive's leaf, lantana's leaf etc
Some of my trees are protected within a kind of a "kage" Very Happy My space is limited on the balkony so I have the oleas europeas put where the sun and air can give them extra force for growing, a vitis vinifera too.
Do you have any suggestions ? Do you know of any chemical repellent?
Thank you!
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  David D Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:09 pm

I lost my favorite tree to my cat who used it as a litter box. The poop was bad but the urine killed the tree I am sure. I saved a tree (or like to think I did) by removing it from the urine soaked soul and repotting it in fresh soil having first rinsed the roots. We are now down to a managable number of cats and keep them with a fresh litter box.
David D
David D

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:15 pm

Do you know of any chemical repellent?

You can always try grinding the hottest peppers you can find in a blender, then spraying it around the trees and even on the leaves. the cats will be "unhappy" for a good while, though, so don't go overboard. A little dab'll do ya.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyOldMan Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:37 pm

Guest wrote:Bobby. Someone told me once that to keep cats from pooing in your garden, you should visit your local zoo and ask for some big cat poop. Why on earth you would want to replace something horrible with something completely repugnant beats me!!

I was going to mention this. The animal wildlife park not far from here sell it to gardeners. A friend of mine works as a gardener in the Lake District and he has used it to keep Deer away. Apparently it makes them think there are lions in the area so keep well away.
Another one to consider is to rub Vics Vapour Rub around the pot/tray. I used to rub it on our garden wall to stop dogs peeing against it and I think it seemed to work. Cheap too and if there's any left you could rub it on your wifes chest. But only if she gets a bad cold of course.

Ian.
GrumpyOldMan
GrumpyOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:02 pm

Jim and Ian thank you both!
I will try your... recipes.
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down