Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birch. It grows like a weed...

+4
BobbyLane
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Vitusus
Vlad
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Birch.  It grows like a weed... - Page 2 Empty Re: Birch. It grows like a weed...

Post  AlainK Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:13 pm

For simple things like cropping, resizing, colour/contrast balance, etc., I use IrfanView (free, and user-friendly).

For virtual images, I use the GIMP (free equivalent of Photo$hop).

And: very promising birch! Cool

Birch.  It grows like a weed... - Page 2 Birchg10
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Birch.  It grows like a weed... - Page 2 Empty Re: Birch. It grows like a weed...

Post  LanceMac10 Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:44 pm

Great bark coloration!!! Very Happy
LanceMac10
LanceMac10

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:21 am

Another good season for this little birch.   The thread graft has been separated. The remains will be removed in the spring.   The height of the tree reduced to 45 cm to get rid of the top section of the trunk with no taper.  The targetted height is 55-60 cm.  No wheeping branches this time.  Surprisingly, in a decent pot made by Martin Asenbrenner carefully selected to match the colour of the shelves...

Birch.  It grows like a weed... - Page 2 Front11
Birch.  It grows like a weed... - Page 2 Nebari10
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post  Vitusus Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:09 pm

Looks lovely, do you plan on having the weeping branches that most birches have in nature eventually, or do you want to keep it as a "conventional" deciduous tree with forking short branches?

Vitusus

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:25 am

No weeping branches planned on this birch.   The birches in the place we live have rather whipping branches than weeping ones Very Happy.  

Birch.  It grows like a weed... - Page 2 Birch-11

Saying so, I do have another one with "standard" weeping branches Cool .   In  development but I will try to share some pics later on after the leaf-fall.
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post  BrendanR Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:19 am

If you keep it in that style it is going to be superb - I really like it!

BrendanR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2