Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible nutrient deficiency on Citrus aurantifolia, Key Lime

3 posters

Go down

Possible nutrient deficiency on Citrus aurantifolia, Key Lime Empty Possible nutrient deficiency on Citrus aurantifolia, Key Lime

Post  Tom Simonyi Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:24 am

Possible nutrient deficiency on Citrus aurantifolia, Key Lime Img_0610

Only the new growth seems to be significantly effected...I am thinking either an iron or magnesium deficiency or maybe both.....?  I welcome recommendations in confirming the problem and advice for a material to use to counteract the condition.  Many thanks!

Tom
Tom Simonyi
Tom Simonyi

Back to top Go down

Possible nutrient deficiency on Citrus aurantifolia, Key Lime Empty Re: Possible nutrient deficiency on Citrus aurantifolia, Key Lime

Post  Leo Schordje Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:42 pm

If your media has become too alkaline, from accumulating calcium salts, from well water, or whatever. Excess calcium can block uptake of nitrogen and iron, resulting in chlorosis. It does look like iron deficiency, but it could be a case of excess calcium blocking uptake rather than not supplying enough with your normal program.

If you know the tree was repotted recently, and it could not be excess calcium - then I have no clue.
Leo Schordje
Leo Schordje

Back to top Go down

Possible nutrient deficiency on Citrus aurantifolia, Key Lime Empty Re: Possible nutrient deficiency on Citrus aurantifolia, Key Lime

Post  Andre Beaurain Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:55 am

Hi Guys

a Nitrogen deficiency will have the reverse look on the leaf, that is a yellow vein with green edges.

Your Citrus has a green vein with yellow edges, pointing towards a Potash deficiency. Which can easily remedied by applying ash from your fireplace or braai.

Tom you must remember, Citrus are very hungry plants indeed. rabbit rabbit rabbit

Love and Light
Andre
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down