Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any advise critique of my green island ficus would be appreciated. Im a beginner .

3 posters

Go down

Any advise critique of my green island ficus would be appreciated.  Im a beginner .  Empty Any advise critique of my green island ficus would be appreciated. Im a beginner .

Post  tonykeywest Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:08 am

Any advise critique of my green island ficus would be appreciated.  Im a beginner .  Img_0012
Any advise critique of my green island ficus would be appreciated.  Im a beginner .  Img_0012
My green island ficus about two years old

Last edited by tonykeywest on Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:16 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : tried to add pic)

tonykeywest

Back to top Go down

Any advise critique of my green island ficus would be appreciated.  Im a beginner .  Empty Re: Any advise critique of my green island ficus would be appreciated. Im a beginner .

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:29 pm

for starters, i am glad to see the "S' curve is horizontal as opposed to vertical Wink

i would let the whole thing run wild for a bit to develop some girth to both the trunk and some of the branches...

(and if you have had it for a couple years, i assume you are not looking for care advice)
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Any advise critique of my green island ficus would be appreciated.  Im a beginner .  Empty Re: Any advise critique of my green island ficus would be appreciated. Im a beginner .

Post  Precarious Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:33 pm

Check out this link. https://adamaskwhy.com/2015/08/11/ficus-madness-with-a-little-help-from-my-daughter/
The second picture down reminds me of your tree, and might provide some inspiration.

It still comes down to the previous advice- let it grow wild for a while, and maybe do so planted in a much larger, deeper pot to thicken that trunk up a bit. With the right conditions, you could get some really nice aerial roots dropping from the horizontal.
Precarious
Precarious

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down