Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first Bonsai attempt

2 posters

Go down

My first Bonsai attempt Empty My first Bonsai attempt

Post  tbarkley Thu May 26, 2016 10:50 am

Here is my first Bonsai attempt. I have had it for about 4 years now. It began as a much larger cheap nursery find. While doing the initial pruning, it fell off of my work table, split the main trunk and first main branch (about 1 1/2 inch long split), which I closed back up with wire. Bought some Gorilla Glue the next day and glued it back together. Lucky for me, it is still living. The pads have filled in over the years. I am pinching back all of the time. It seems like every week I am having to pinch back. It has progressed rather nicely I think for having no idea what I was doing (other than what I have been able to read). Just thought I'd share.  Smile
My first Bonsai attempt 1st_bo10
tbarkley
tbarkley

Back to top Go down

My first Bonsai attempt Empty Re: My first Bonsai attempt

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Thu May 26, 2016 1:01 pm

carefull with the pinching...

the "new and improved" way of thinking is that constant pinching eventually tells the tree to just give up and stop trying to produce new growth... let that new growth run out a bit before pruning...

pretty much true across the board, but we need to let them get out-of-shape in order to keep them in-shape Wink
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  tbarkley Thu May 26, 2016 1:17 pm

I appreciate the info! Smile
tbarkley
tbarkley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content