Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tree Identification

4 posters

Go down

Tree Identification Empty Tree Identification

Post  t0fudelivery Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:40 pm

Aloha Everyone,

This is actually my first post!  Very excited to be a part of this forum.  I'm fairly new to the art of bonsai with a few trees in my collection for now.  I have attached some photos of a recently acquired bonsai that was given to me from a friend.  A few things to note:

• I live in Maui

• Tree was from a local bonsai garden/nursery in Haiku, Maui where there is ALOT of annual rainfall

Tree Identification Img_2211
Tree Identification Img_2212
Tree Identification Img_2210

t0fudelivery

Back to top Go down

Tree Identification Empty Re: Tree Identification

Post  LanceMac10 Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:44 pm

Welcome aboard. I live in NH. I AM OF NO HELP TO YOU. Just thought I would welcome you. Bagpiper
LanceMac10
LanceMac10

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard S Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:06 am

Welcome to the forum.

It looks like a Serrissa to me but don't take my word for it. I know nothing about tropical plants!

Sorry.

Regards

Richard
Richard S
Richard S

Back to top Go down

Post  t0fudelivery Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:13 pm

After doing a ton of research online, my guess is it's a Kingsville Boxwood. Can anyone confirm?

t0fudelivery

Back to top Go down

Tree Identification Empty Re: tree Identification

Post  geo Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:27 am

Yes,welcome to the forum.This is no Boxwood that I am aware of.Definately not Kingsville Box.I know that most species of Box are tropical but,even so,the leaf looks more Azelia than Box.Not guessing that,though.

Kingsville leaves:   http://d17vsf20mehj1i.cloudfront.net/42496_20120414T184904_0_jpg_171x171_crop-0,0_upscale_q85.jpg

Sorry for the tiny pic,but it was difficult to find a closeup of just leaves.Your tree has a lanceolate leaf shape with a pronounced point at the apex of the leaf.Kingsville has the typical box leaf which is either rounded or indented at the apex.

Last edited by geo on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:08 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : info)
geo
geo

Back to top Go down

Post  t0fudelivery Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:59 am

Yeah, noticed that. I did some more research on Serissa's and it seems the "tree of a thousand stars". Think I might have a winner.

Tree Identification Il_570xN.847445604_53jj

geo wrote:Yes,welcome to the forum.This is no Boxwood that I am aware of.Definately not Kingsville Box.I know that most species of Box are tropical but,even so,the leaf looks more Azelia than Box.Not guessing that,though.

Kingsville leaves:   http://d17vsf20mehj1i.cloudfront.net/42496_20120414T184904_0_jpg_171x171_crop-0,0_upscale_q85.jpg

Sorry for the tiny pic,but it was difficult to find a closeup of just leaves.Your tree has a lanceolate leaf shape with a pronounced point at the apex of the leaf.Kingsville has the typical box leaf which is either rounded or indented at the apex.

t0fudelivery

Back to top Go down

Tree Identification Empty Re: tree Identification

Post  geo Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:18 am

You are welcome.
geo
geo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down