Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW SUSEKI TV PROGRAM!

4 posters

Go down

NEW SUSEKI TV PROGRAM! Empty NEW SUSEKI TV PROGRAM!

Post  William N. Valavanis Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:29 pm

Suiseki TV Program!

NHK Japan’s largest broadcasting organization just released a superb TV Program:
Suiseki: A World of Understated Beauty within Natural Stone
It’s a 28 minute documentary which was broadcast on January 20th. It is only available for viewing until February 3, 2016.
Scenes from Kyoto, Taikan Bonsai Exhibition are beautiful. Mr. Baba, one of the finest collectors of suiseki has over 2,000. He always has an extensive display at Taikan Bonsai Exhibition. A photo of a recent display attached as well as a photo of him receiving an award from Kunio Kobayashi, head of the Nippon Suiseki Association.
Don’t miss your opportunity to view, learn and enjoy from this free TV program.
Enjoy!
Bill
PS: I wish NHK would do a documentary on bonsai.
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/…/vod/corekyoto/20160121.html

NEW SUSEKI TV PROGRAM! Baba-d11

NEW SUSEKI TV PROGRAM! Baba_k10
William N. Valavanis
William N. Valavanis

Back to top Go down

NEW SUSEKI TV PROGRAM! Empty nhk

Post  geoffm5eay Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:22 pm

Tried the link Bill, but does not work, had a look around nhk but could not find the programme,

geoffm5eay

Back to top Go down

NEW SUSEKI TV PROGRAM! Empty Re: NEW SUSEKI TV PROGRAM!

Post  Chris Cochrane Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:48 pm

The NHK video Suiseki: A World of Understated Beauty within Natural Stone is available here:
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/vod/corekyoto/20160121.html

This video has spread like wildfire across suiseki enthusiasts' circles.  Sam Edge (from Sam & KJ's Blog) added the suggestion of checking-out NHK's video The 10 Artisans of Senke: Tea Utensils Heighten Rustic Simplicity (28 minutes in length)[linked HERE].  The video is described:
Around 400 years ago, Sen-no-rikyu pursued the art of heart-to-heart communication through a bowl of tea and advanced the wabi-cha style of tea ceremony, stressing the beauty within simplicity. The utensils are vital in conveying the hosts' sentiments. The essence of wabi-cha pervades the utensils made by 10 artisan families, purveyors to the Sen clan. Watch these artisans at work in a range of crafts from lacquerware to joinery and discover the spirit and aesthetic sensibilities of Kyoto.
Available until January 27, 2016

Bill hopes for a similar video on bonsai.  It seems a likely subject.

I hope for a similar video on sencha (steeped leaf tea) artisans & display.  Sencha practioners are closely related to the origin of public bonsai & viewing stone display (including bonsai, suiseki & scholar's rocks) in Japan.  Tom Elias recently referred to sencha on the vsana.org website in an article titled, "Evidence of the Use of Chinese Stones in Japan during the Meiji (1866-1925)"[linked HERE]
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  steveb Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:57 am

All I have to say is.....Grrrrreat!
steveb
steveb

Back to top Go down

NEW SUSEKI TV PROGRAM! Empty suiseki

Post  geoffm5eay Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:02 am

Excellent. I have copied to the members of my group, I know they will be interested,
thanks,
Geoff.

geoffm5eay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down