Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T U-N Lonicera

+3
Bruce Winter
LanceMac10
AlainK
7 posters

Go down

T U-N Lonicera Empty T U-N Lonicera

Post  AlainK Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:52 pm

A totally un-natural Lonicera.

This is more or less what a Lonicera looks like, a bush with no shape (Nov. 2010):

T U-N Lonicera 20120420124450-5c24bf26-me

Now, poor bonsai enthusiast me who can't climb the mountains and take trees from the wild, or invest 100s of $ or £ or €, has been trying to "Express in miniature an experience of nature", or sthg.

Mercredi 9 septembre 2015 :

T U-N Lonicera 20150909193829-8d9430bc-me

But I can imagine myself swinging in a hammock, sipping a " 'ti punch " under this "tree", and I like the feeling Laughing

If you like it, you're welcome to share a moment with me, if you don't, there's another thread where to waste your precious time telling everyone what you think "is" bonsai Cool

AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

T U-N Lonicera Empty Re: T U-N Lonicera

Post  LanceMac10 Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:59 pm

Excellent work, Alain!! Very reminiscent of an old growth tree in an even older forest.

Perhaps you could thin some of the lower growth as it seems to be a bit dense and obscures the tree's quality branching.

Nice job bringing it along and creating a very natural image!!

Vive le France!!!flower
LanceMac10
LanceMac10

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:14 pm

Very Happy

Thanks Lance.

Glad to see that Lafayette's and Kosciuszko's values like Freedom of Thought are still alive across the Atlantic cheers

T U-N Lonicera Fm-tablier-voltaire
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruce Winter Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:30 am

AlainK wrote:A totally un-natural Lonicera.

This is more or less what a Lonicera looks like, a bush with no shape (Nov. 2010):

T U-N Lonicera 20120420124450-5c24bf26-me

Now, poor bonsai enthusiast me who can't climb the mountains and take trees from the wild, or invest 100s of $ or £ or €, has been trying to "Express in miniature an experience of nature", or sthg.

Mercredi 9 septembre 2015 :

T U-N Lonicera 20150909193829-8d9430bc-me

But I can imagine myself swinging in a hammock, sipping a " 'ti punch " under this "tree", and I like the feeling Laughing

If you like it, you're welcome to share a moment with me, if you don't, there's another thread where to waste your precious time telling everyone what you think "is" bonsai Cool

I think it "is" bonsai and I very much like it, lower branches and all. The feeling is all.
And... the homage to Lafayette and Kosciuszko cannot be overstated.

Bruce Winter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:51 pm

if you have another hammock and another "ti punch", i will gladly join you in the moment under your bad-ass tree Cool

nice work over the 5 years and i like it very much.
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:25 pm

Thanks a lot. I had forgotten Benjamin Franklin, among others because of course the American Revolution was the first one in what we call now "the western countries". But I should have thought of him because that was the name of the high school I went to.

Now back to bonsai. Wink
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  Precarious Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:32 pm

You guys swing in the branches, I'm going to lean back amongst the nebari and look at cloud formations.
Precarious
Precarious

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:24 am

It's incredible how looking at a bonsai can stimulate one's imagination Laughing

Of course it depends on what's deep inside one's brains.

All bonsai enthusiasts in France and French-speaking countries know this page by a reknown cartoonist. I won't translate the whole thing, but the main character says that he has always been interested in miniatures but got tired of electric trains, etc. so he switched to bonsai. In the last frame, he shouts sthg like "Bl**dy kids, how often have I told you not to climb trees!"

Link:
http://www.village-ginkgo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/bonsaifranquinideesnoires.jpg
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:08 pm

I like what you've done with it. Do you know what variety of Lonicera it is?
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:28 pm

Looks like Lonicera nitida to me. Alain?
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:57 pm

Right, Lonicera nitida. Iris recently pointed out that it's got a new scientific name: Lonicera ligustrina subsp. yunnanensis.
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down