Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations to our British cousins!

5 posters

Go down

Congratulations to our British cousins! Empty Congratulations to our British cousins!

Post  Guest Fri May 22, 2015 5:38 pm

Two of the top 5 NPs in the world with Northumberland dead on top:

http://www.newspostleader.co.uk/news/local/northumberland-national-park-is-named-best-in-the-world-1-7273130

Good day for Geordies (as well as my favorite emperor)..

Back to top Go down

Congratulations to our British cousins! Empty Re: Congratulations to our British cousins!

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Sat May 23, 2015 1:35 am

hell man... thats rad !

reminds me of my 50th b-day... i decided to drive around lake michigan for about a week
and live in my mini-van like the good ol' days Wink

Congratulations to our British cousins! 50th_b10

and a few days before i left, yahoo news had the top 10 most beautiful places in the US (including AK & HI) and one of my destinations where i would spend several days was the sleeping bear dunes in michigan which happened to make the top 10 list...

what i couldnt believe was that it was #1 on the list !!! Shocked

and i thought "no way"

but once i got there and i crested a rise with an overview of the lay-of-the-land

and i thought "way"

http://www.sleepingbeardunes.com/
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Congratulations to our British cousins! Empty Re: Congratulations to our British cousins!

Post  M. Frary Sat May 23, 2015 4:38 am

beer city snake wrote:hell man... thats rad !

reminds me of my 50th b-day... i decided to drive around lake michigan for about a week
and live in my mini-van like the good ol' days Wink

Congratulations to our British cousins! 50th_b10

and a few days before i left, yahoo news had the top 10 most beautiful places in the US (including AK & HI) and one of my destinations where i would spend several days was the sleeping bear dunes in michigan which happened to make the top 10 list...

what i couldnt believe was that it was #1 on the list !!!  Shocked

and i thought "no way"

but once i got there and i crested a rise with an overview of the lay-of-the-land

and i thought "way"

http://www.sleepingbeardunes.com/

Yeah I been there. It's just one of the reasons they say Pure Michigan.

M. Frary

Back to top Go down

Post  Precarious Sat May 23, 2015 1:39 pm

I saw a photo of Thirlwall castle (in the park) with trees growing from the top of the decrepit walls. Hmmm...
Precarious
Precarious

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 23, 2015 6:56 pm

Ha ha. I thought the same thing David.  A dear, dear friend is a Geordie lass and was back home last month. She took this shot of a defensive position from inside Dunstanborough Castle (no mention of trees though. damnit.)

Congratulations to our British cousins! Dunstanborough%20Castle

Back to top Go down

Post  Mal B Fri May 29, 2015 10:15 pm

We tend not to mention tree's, don't want any poachers if we can help it Wink

Mal B

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Schordje Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:07 am

I was in Newcastle for a week back in 1988, could not understand a single word the Geordies said. It is a very opaque dialect of English. I had to rely on an Australian to translate.

I'm off to Sleeping Bear Dunes and the Lelanau Penninsula of Michigan Oct 10 - 17. Hopefully autumn colors will be in full glory.

Got roped into driving my 84 year old parents on this trip. I was glad to go really, its part of the country I haven't seen in over 40 years. It will be nice to get back up there.
Leo Schordje
Leo Schordje

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down