Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You showed me yours, I'll show you mine!

+57
Roger Snipes
moyogijohn
stavros
eric sanders
Dave Martin
Sheila Becker
ybonsai
santi
Viriato Oliveira
bontailo
Jesse
Neil Jaeger
Lone
robert hill
Brett Summers
Peter E.
fiona
kauaibonsai
LANCE
DreadyKGB
gman
Mike Jones
jonathan e
Bugeye
irene_b
Marija Hajdic
Andrija Zokic
wabashene
Paul B (Scotland)
Rob Kempinski
bonsai monkey
aRodas
Martin S
Jonny D
my nellie
Peter Adams
Fuzzy
Dustin Mann
Curtis
Kev Bailey
Nik Rozman
peter krebs
mehrdadchavosh
Eric Newton
Seth Ellwood
Pavel Slovák
bobby little
Mario Stefano
Justin Hervey
NeilDellinger
waway
Stone Monkey
Jim Doiron
Harleyrider
bigsteve
leonardo
Carolee
61 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

you showed me yours - You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 4 Empty Re: You showed me yours, I'll show you mine!

Post  NeilDellinger Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:01 am

Will,
Where do you keep finding these guys! Wondering if you'd mind sponsoring a foreign exchange student..i dont eat much, just a few bites and some brews. Very Happy

Here is another oklahoma collected elm. Different than my last, but from the same field. Any thoughts on this one? I'll be doing some wiring this weekend. Opinions on the 1st branch are welcome.

Your raft...now forest gave ome good ideas for my many little seijus!

Neil

you showed me yours - You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 4 P1030019
you showed me yours - You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 4 P1030034

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

you showed me yours - You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 4 Empty Re: You showed me yours, I'll show you mine!

Post  NeilDellinger Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:05 am

Another elm from Oklahoma.
The previous one and this one are both about 30-35 inches tall
you showed me yours - You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 4 P1030039

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:36 pm

Kev. I f my garden was big enough, I would definately be building one. It looks so exciting!!
Andy. Any chance of slipping the odd pot in, once your Anagama is up and running? You'll need some stokers on duty for such a long firing. I saw Patrice's work about five years ago. Stunning!!
Neil. Not sure how much is left to collect in that area. Hopefully a few more. Your Oklahoma Elms have excellent bovine ramification, your trees have a good three or four years on mine. I think I might remove the bottom branch, on the first Elm.

Back to top Go down

Post  bigsteve Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:44 pm

will baddeley wrote:Kev. I f my garden was big enough, I would definately be building one. It looks so exciting!!
Andy. Any chance of slipping the odd pot in, once your Anagama is up and running? You'll need some stokers on duty for such a long firing. I saw Patrice's work about five years ago. Stunning!!
Neil. Not sure how much is left to collect in that area. Hopefully a few more. Your Oklahoma Elms have excellent bovine ramification, your trees have a good three or four years on mine. I think I might remove the bottom branch, on the first Elm.
like i said Will rock slab looks good!
seriously the stone yard near me you can get one for about 15 quid. nice lakeland blue for contrast?
steve
bigsteve
bigsteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:15 pm

Steve The ony thing against a slab, is the weight. You got any pics of the stone?

Back to top Go down

Post  bigsteve Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:42 pm

will baddeley wrote:Steve The ony thing against a slab, is the weight. You got any pics of the stone?
no i have,nt Will
but i agree weighty stone can be a problem.
how about a fibre pot/slab
the phoenix boys in dorset make them for their Beech groups
i will get some photos for you so you can see what they do.
Ken Leaver has some large pots but they will be probably brown.
regards
steve
bigsteve
bigsteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:19 pm

I'd like to see the slabs. Im still favouring a pot, similar to what it's in, shape wise.Gordon Duffet, has to be top of the list.Colour, similar to the Beech raft of Tony's.

Back to top Go down

Post  bigsteve Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:25 pm

will baddeley wrote:I'd like to see the slabs. Im still favouring a pot, similar to what it's in, shape wise.Gordon Duffet, has to be top of the list.Colour, similar to the Beech raft of Tony's.
can not argue with that
we have so many good potters to choose from
but i fear gordons kiln may not be big enough.
bigsteve
bigsteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:50 pm

How selfish is that! About time Gordon got a bigger kiln!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:30 pm

Passed the hedge where the best of my Elms have come from. Seems the farmer is re growing the top of the bank. The best ones come out of the grassyou showed me yours - You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 4 Img_0510

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:32 pm

you showed me yours - You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 4 Img_0511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:36 pm

Spotted a couple whist I was there and as I always carry my trusty spade, decided to liberate them. Might have a go at the Holly next time.you showed me yours - You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 4 Img_0512

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:40 pm

You dont know what you've got until you clear out the grass and soilyou showed me yours - You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 4 Img_0513

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:42 pm

The other one.you showed me yours - You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 4 Img_0514

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:44 pm

All the weeds and soil removedyou showed me yours - You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 4 Img_0515

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:46 pm

you showed me yours - You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 4 Img_0516

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:48 pm

Potted up. This ones the bestyou showed me yours - You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 4 Img_0517

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:50 pm

The backyou showed me yours - You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 4 Img_0518

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:51 pm

The smaller oneyou showed me yours - You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 4 Img_0519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:54 pm

And a small piece cut from the better one, showing detail of the deadwood.you showed me yours - You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 4 Img_0520

Back to top Go down

Post  Curtis Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:36 am

Wow, you are so lucky!! I cant wait to find a sweet spot like you have.
Curtis
Curtis

Back to top Go down

Post  bigsteve Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:03 pm

will baddeley wrote:you showed me yours - You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 4 Img_0516
this material is brilliant - its a pity we no longer see real hedges like this any more - bloody dutch elm desease.
did you notice the trees when it was autumn or in the inter will?
bigsteve
bigsteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:38 pm

Hi Curtis. Keep looking! If nature can't provide, maybe farm machinery can? I've fallen for the big one I collected. Could make an unusual cascade but it depends on the roots.you showed me yours - You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 4 Img_0521

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:45 pm

Steve. Noticed and dug them up yesterday. Dutch Elm disease does'nt seem to effect hedges. Its only when the hedge is left to grow and they attain 15 ft or more that the disease strikes. A few shots of the deadwood.you showed me yours - You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 4 Img_0522

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:47 pm

you showed me yours - You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 4 Img_0523

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next