Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

few mountain shape stones

3 posters

Go down

few mountain shape stones Empty few mountain shape stones

Post  riversoul Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:26 am

Thank everybody read my topic, I here show few fine mountain shape stones below, I particularly like mountain shape stone, when I wach them, as if I lived there among mountains with confortable life.
few mountain shape stones 20140736
few mountain shape stones 20140737
few mountain shape stones 20140738

few mountain shape stones 20140739
few mountain shape stones 20140740
few mountain shape stones 20140741
the above two stones are Jiu Long Bi stone

few mountain shape stones 20140742
few mountain shape stones 20140743

few mountain shape stones 20140744
few mountain shape stones 20140745
few mountain shape stones 20140746
few mountain shape stones 20140747

few mountain shape stones 20140748
few mountain shape stones 20140749
few mountain shape stones 20140750
few mountain shape stones 20140751

Thanks

riversoul
riversoul
riversoul

Back to top Go down

few mountain shape stones Empty Re: few mountain shape stones

Post  Chris Cochrane Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:14 pm

Hi Riversoul... While there are collectors of landscape view stones who don't appreciate the hidden backside view of the stone as important, in some stone circles the backside is extremely important. Even the bottom of a stone & the bottom of its seating (which is seldom seen, except by the owner) can raise appreciation of a stone.

In Japanese suiseki practice which is particularly focused on landscape views, the notion of "three sides-- the front/back, top/bottom & left/right" expressing a natural view is very important. Many details related to the notion of three-sides support some stones as better landscape view stones than others.

The backside of stone you picture with the owner moving it off the edge of the table is extremely engaging as natural in contour & texture. The backside is particularly appealing in raising appreciation of this stone as a mountain view.

Thanks for sharing!
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:24 pm

Hi Riversoul

It is very nice to see the two Jiu Long Bi stones....waterpolished as they are, is this rare?...I have only seen one like this before, but many as they are found in the Mountains (raw edges).
The last mountainstone in the doban is my favourite, as it has many features I like about suiseki....a triangle birdsviewshape.... having the high part to one side, smaller to the other side. Also is the stones front orientated towards the viewer with a gently bend of the front...it has to be a beauty when shown in a weath suiban having a little water in the pools  Smile .
MANY THANKS for sharing...hope to see more stones from you.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:58 pm

Speaking of favorites Yvonne, I love the Daiza on the first one. quite unique...
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:07 pm

Hi Dick

I have thought about making a daiza like this....this one on the photo is ONE piece...very often are they a regular daiza, and then is a stand carwed to fit the daiza, so that the result is very similar to the one on the Photo...this give the owner more than one displayoption.
When I run out of stones that need a daiza soon, will I maybe feel ready to make a such...I am planning to try, at least  Smile 

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:50 pm

If you do be sure and share it with us...Smile
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down