Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bougainvillea grown from cutting progression

4 posters

Go down

Bougainvillea grown from cutting progression Empty Bougainvillea grown from cutting progression

Post  fbizuneh Mon May 26, 2014 4:48 am

I found this beatiful branch with spreading branches growing off of a large bougainvillea bush on the side of a ditch near the ocean. I could envision a canopy forming if I could get the large trunk to root.

Here is the branch in a plastic nursery pot after one month under a humidity hood (plastic bag with small holes in it). I kept it out of the sun and misted regularly. The old leaves were falling off intermittently. I did see a few buds forming near the base and decided to give it some sun.
taken (4/01/14)
Bougainvillea grown from cutting progression 20140410

Here with plenty of new leaves and buds shooting up all over the place. I put the tree in a more permant pot that would compliment the pink flowers
taken (5/05/14)
Bougainvillea grown from cutting progression 20140510

The shape of the canopy I envisioned is finally coming through after pruning away some unsightly growth. Flowering has just begun. I will post an update in a few weeks that should be quite stunning.
taken (5/25/14)
Bougainvillea grown from cutting progression 20140512

Bougainvillea grown from cutting progression 20140513

Bougainvillea grown from cutting progression 20140511

Mahalo for looking,
Fasil
fbizuneh
fbizuneh

Back to top Go down

Bougainvillea grown from cutting progression Empty Updated - Bougainvillea currently in flower.

Post  fbizuneh Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:17 pm

(photos taken 11/12/14)

Bougainvillea grown from cutting progression 14158110

Bougainvillea grown from cutting progression 14158111

Bougainvillea grown from cutting progression 14158112

Last edited by fbizuneh on Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding date taken to photos)
fbizuneh
fbizuneh

Back to top Go down

Bougainvillea grown from cutting progression Empty Re: Bougainvillea grown from cutting progression

Post  Precarious Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:28 pm

Looks like a good start. What's your next step? Grow and thicken, ramification...?
Precarious
Precarious

Back to top Go down

Bougainvillea grown from cutting progression Empty Re: Bougainvillea grown from cutting progression

Post  JimLewis Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:41 pm

Again, it needs to be cut back, regrown, then cut back again. It's too leggy right now.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  -Daniel- Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:21 pm

Cut and cut again and again, this is a great work to do. Cool

Good flowers ThumbsUp

Daniel
-Daniel-
-Daniel-

Back to top Go down

Post  fbizuneh Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:06 pm

Cut back drastically to last leaf on each branch. I have been getting growth predominantly to one side possible from root damage when repotting.
Accompanied by small Japanese privet

taken (6/8/15)
Bougainvillea grown from cutting progression 14337815
fbizuneh
fbizuneh

Back to top Go down

Post  fbizuneh Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:30 am

taken (4/4/16)

8" rectangular pot
Bougainvillea grown from cutting progression 12919810
fbizuneh
fbizuneh

Back to top Go down

Post  fbizuneh Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:08 pm

Taken 11/5/16

should be flowering soon, will post update

Bougainvillea grown from cutting progression 14787310
fbizuneh
fbizuneh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down