Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Styling Question for Juniper Parsonii

4 posters

Go down

Styling Question for Juniper Parsonii Empty Styling Question for Juniper Parsonii

Post  DV in LA Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:22 pm

Any ideas of best style to go with on this? I was thinking possible windswept as is potted, or cutting the top branch to propagate a new Chokkan with a clear apex and styling the current bottom branch into a true cascade. I am a newbie and can really use some advise, thanks!

Styling Question for Juniper Parsonii Junipe10

DV in LA

Back to top Go down

Styling Question for Juniper Parsonii Empty Re: Styling Question for Juniper Parsonii

Post  DV in LA Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:23 pm

Sorry for the sideways pic, not sure why that happened.

DV in LA

Back to top Go down

Styling Question for Juniper Parsonii Empty Re: Styling Question for Juniper Parsonii

Post  fiona Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:42 pm

It does that if it isn't the right way up in your photo storage. Did you upload it direct from a camera?
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:12 pm

DV in LA wrote: ...or cutting the top branch to propagate a new Chokkan with a clear apex and styling the current bottom branch into a true cascade...

Do what now?  scratch 
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  DV in LA Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:38 am

I actually emailed the pic to myself and saved it but it was right side up when I saved it, I'll have to try again. And Russell, I was told that I could cut the top branch and make a Jin at the top of the leftover tree, only keeping the bottom branch. Then use the top branch that was cut off to propagate a new tree for an upright style. I am new to this (obviously) and unsure of the validity of the advice I'm receiving from others. Just seeing what might be my best styling option for this tree. Thanks!

DV in LA

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:42 pm

It is very hard to tell much in a photograph taken from that angle, but I'm afraid I don't see a lot of potential in that plant. The branches are much too long and too thin, with foliage out on the ends.

Maybe, if you took a few pictures from the side (like most of the pictures you see here), we could see better.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:27 pm

If I had that tree I'd be planting it out in the open ground for a few years and trying to push new growth back towards the trunk. That would possibly open up new options.

But please remember that my climate and yours are quite different.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down