Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indonesian Bonsai

+16
Bonsai Hegar Cipariuk
Wisnu Jakas
brett2013
fiona
Enrique
Vijay Parekh
bonsaitemple@gmail.com
David Willoughby
newzealandteatree
Adhy Satya
PROTONWIRA
Robert Steven
Nigel Parke
William Feldman
hometeamrocker
Budi Sulistyo
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Empty Re: Indonesian Bonsai

Post  Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:03 am

I believe bonsai is a universal thing.
No body can claim that one style belongs to one country or region alone. Because designs were sometimes influenced if not dictated by those who "assumed" to be in the higher position in the bonsai society of the particular region, and mostly are the ones who teaches the new generation of what they think a bonsai should look like. They are also the people who invited foreign guests and those decisions for the criteria of whom to invite have a personal bias, mostly on what suited their design idea.
But, along the way you will encounter few brave independent few who will try not to be swayed by few ides alone coming from only few dominant people on "top" of the ladder. These are the people who will explore new concepts, designs and value. And they won't mind doing things outside of the so called "legal" organization. (remember the penjing show we did before and how those in the national organization tried to stop it). 
I have seen, designs of other countries, and one good example is in Taiwan and Malaysia, During one of the Malaysian bonsai show I asked a Taiwanese "bonsai master" on the same subject. He said designs have no border, and he showed how similar the trees infront of us were so similar from the ones they have back home in Taiwan...and they were designed locally in Malaysia.
The world is getting smaller, people from other part of the world are taking bonsai lesssons and apprenticeship in countries outside their own. as a result they bring back home the technique, knowledge and designs they adopted from the host country and slowly transforming and influencing the local scenes. one of the good example of this is the young and famous artist in the US who took apprenticeship in a famous Japanese bonsai master. I believe he is now becoming one of the US most influential bonsai figure. and Still there is a twist in this story, His designs styles and Yamadori collection is being admired by great European artists too. So, I wonder where is boundaries of design styles were to be drawn on this. Is his designs, American, Japanese or European? 
Another good example is In the Philippine arena where bonsai is relatively still in its infancy stage, people tried to adopt different bonsai principles. Will it developed into something called Philippine bonsai?. I doubt it, maybe we can just refined our own individual design which can later on be associated with the designer itself as an individual but not as a group. Because it really depends on who the individual admire as influential to him/her and that "idol" of his/her could come from anywhere on the planet. from there his own individualistic design would evolved into his own character.

I believed, that the more designers with individual styles were present in one country, the richer bonsai culture it would be for that country. and, it should be viewed as a POSITIVE thing and should be supported instead. It doesn't mean that if a person goes the opposite way of what the "majority" of an established order goes that he is a bad person or hardheaded stubborn person/artist...maybe he just don't like what the majority is doing, and this could be artistically....and I hope not politically.

let's have a happy bonsai days!

I still wish I could visit both events.

regards,
jun

Back to top Go down

Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Empty MasterRobert, who is the organizer of IBA&CB 2014"

Post  bonsaitemple@gmail.com Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:41 am

Master Robert, who is the organizer of IBA&CB 2014"

bonsaitemple@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vijay Parekh Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:12 am

Budi Sulistyo wrote:The Grand Indonesian Bonsai and Suiseki exhibition is organized by PPBI or Indonesian Bonsai Society The biggest and only legal bonsai organization in the country. PPBI has more than 200 chapters through out the country.

The real bonsai, not an illusion.

You will miss Indonesian Bonsai if you do not come to visit the show.

Sir Budi, you and Master Robert are my idol patrons. But I am sorry sir to put straight, this time is funny, sorry.
As long as I remember Robert had annouced their event at least 6 months ago and very agressive in promotion, I just bought a bonsai tool on line and found their flyer inside. I think very good for your country in bonsai, but why nervous like a boy lossing the toys ?

You know why I comment this sir ? This is exactly what always happening in India, too much politic from they so called the "legal suppose only one organization". They always try to sabotase and threatening other group who are organizing bonsai event and I was once a victim. It's just too much sir Budi. Iike I once read the post here about the incident in Phillipnes where they invited Robert and "someone" from Indonesia called the "legal organization" to boicott, WHY ??? You both will be here in India in February for the education program, you know what Sir Budi, the Indian "God farther Mr. NP" is now propaganda people for not to come to your program, then they do the same one on the same dates at the near location. They look funny, stupid and rude, but they fail to sabotase Mrs. Sneh Prasar program where you and Master Robert are coming because of your big names. Why this happen everywhere ?

LOL, who care if the bonsai is real or ilusion as long as they are good, your creation and Robert's are both good Indonesian bonsai. Dont be eaten and got burned by your own  feary ilusion and jealousy. Once again, sorry Sir Budi, we all hate politic, stop playing GOD. Legal doesn't mean right and 35 years is enough to be wise. You must keep your good level. Maybe I will meet you in February for your workshop, but they told me the 200 seats are sold out, I try to get one.

Last edited by Vijay Parekh on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Vijay Parekh
Vijay Parekh

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhy Satya Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:49 pm

Guys please be calm we just want to announce our 35th anniversary celebration event. Despite on you like RS event we don't care. We just want to have fun with our own party and our own guest. Our event was planned long before RS announced their event.. So are we doing wrong here??

Why you all stressing that we are panicking.. There is no need for us to be worried we are fully supported.  

Re promoting event we just want to describe the truth about our event. If our Chief Budi has said our guest will see the real Indonesian Bonsai, It is very true because good bonsai works are belongs to our member nationwide.

Not like what RS doing in promoting their event try so hard promoting with their back link url into our own thread it is so nasty.

Otherwise his offering about arranging guest to our event have no confirmation to our team committee and we are worried those guest will lose the big ceremonial (our main program will be hold on 11, 12, 13 and they arrange the guest to join on 17 big mistake for arranging the trip).

Hi Vijay, you sound like RS are you RS? Just curious you have joined IBC today and you already have good knowledge on Indonesian Bonsai we are so flattered Very Happy
Adhy Satya
Adhy Satya

Back to top Go down

Post  Budi Sulistyo Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:03 pm

Hi all,

Let stop the conflict and negative perceptions. It is up to you to come to both events. We are just celebrating the 35th anniversary of our organization. It is normal if all members will participate with the best trees.
I will be in India for the program in February. I am glad that Robert will be there as well. I am proud that two Indonesians will give the lecture. We can share our knowledge to our beloved Indian bonsai friends.
I am also a good friend of the respected Mr NP that I even called him as the father of the Indian bonsai. I heard that some Taiwan bonsai friends will do bonsai programs in India as well in February. It is very good for the progress of bonsai in your country. Please be positive thinking. Bonsai is an artwork used to improve our sense of beauty and improving our mental quality and not the other way around.
Please come to Indonesia to see the best bonsai of Indonesia. October is really a special bonsai month. You will not find such a good opportunity in the future.

Ficus microcarpa
Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 171010

Dombeya rotundifolea
Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Drolpe10
Budi Sulistyo
Budi Sulistyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Enrique Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:06 pm

Well to me it seems like to great event, I known about Robert event for a while know, and I think it will be fantastic to see some more creative aspects in bonsai. Art always evolve over time and since bonsai is an art form it also changes with or views of nature and our understanding of the world. Obviously during the process many Ideas will not stick but one has to try and also one has to remember and cherish our past, classy bonsai will stay however what our definition of classical bonsai may also be evolving.
With regard to politics, ufff terrible stuff, but we are only human I hope both events do great.
So Robert, who is organizing IBA&CB 2014 ?
I hope people stop hacking at your site, I had that problem as well during some events I organize, is a real pain.
CHeers to all Enrique

Enrique

Back to top Go down

Post  Vijay Parekh Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:22 am

elephant  HINDUSTAAN KI TARAF SE HAARDIK SHUBH KAAMNAYEIN AUR ISHWAR KA AASHIRWAD.  elephant 

AABHAAR.

Vijay

Last edited by Vijay Parekh on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Vijay Parekh
Vijay Parekh

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:17 am

Andhy, I don’t know who you are and what you are doing, I just know your name for the first time here. I am told you are a new comer…
If you refer RS as me, then I warn you to be careful, nothing personal here.. unless you want it to be one.

I am not interested in arguing with you, but few thing I should clarify :
I have no negative intention to compete with your event, it’s too simple, but simply want to put them as successful events for our 2014 Indonesian Bonsai Year. As Budi once responded to my posting here about our IBA&CB 2014, I appreciated it and I just want to congratulate the same and work synergically together for the good sake of our country.

About our package offer to visit your event, there is nothing wrong if you see it from the positive perspective as goodwill. I had talked to your PPBI Bandung Chapter’s President and Wise-President (very close friends of mine) when I received the below leaflet (see the dates) with their names as contact person.

Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Bandun10

We welcome the idea, and they responded very positive to our goodwill for supporting each other for the success of both events, and I promised to send my bonsai for the Bandung event as well..and I still will.

I talked to them last night about the polemic here, they were shocked and felt sorry about this, and as suppose the host, they didn’t even know about the change of the date.

However, I am not interested in your internal matter, and you’d better solve your internal problem for proper PR to avoid confusion and look silly; because this polemic is damn ashamed ! We are all very sad, because this is not what we all want and our international friends are not interested in our domestic problem if any; they just want to visit our country to enjoy good bonsai, best if they can see both. So why don’t we work side-by-side for the good sake of Indonesia instead of creating unnecessary competition ? Competition always comes out with winner and loser and no one get benefit !

I am pretty sure you are not well informed on many things about the situation. Our IBA&CB 2014 steering committee consists of many high level PPBI officers. Not mentioning the Yogyakarta King, the Ismail Saleh family (the founder/ father of Indonesian Bonsai), Mr. Junardy, your PPBI Advisor, he is in our IBA&CB 2014 committee as a Senior Advisor, Mr. Freddy Kustianto (PPBI President of Sumenep Chapter) is the advisor, Mr. Gunardi (PPBI President of Depok Chapter) is the Curator Team, Mr. Lukman (PPBI Advisor of Nganjuk Chapter), Mr. Rully (PPBI secretary of Depok Chaper) and many many more…(I am a PPBI member anyway  Wink )
And this shows our attitude of involving all capable people for the national interest, no matter from which organization they are from. There is no politics on the ground level….

However, I am still in good communication with your Bandung Chapter and we are still optimistic that something can be worked out and this both events are not being used for personal interest, nor for politic I hope !

If there is anything, please ask your competent person to call me so things can be done between the competents. NO MORE polemic here…please !!!

Last edited by Robert Steven on Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:21 am; edited 8 times in total
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:21 am

Thanks Enrique.

IBA&CB 2014 is organized by FHI (Forum Hobby Indonesia) and AKSISAIN.
FHI is an online forum created by me, exactly like IBC. AKSISAIN (Association of Indonesian Bonsai Clubs) is a legal organization with clubs as members; they have more than 300 club members throughout the country.

This event was initiated by me suppose to be done by FHI, then responded by AKSISAIN (coincidently based in Yogyakarta) to make it a colossal event in concert with the 258th birthday of Yogyakarta city, which the Yogyakarta Sultan Palace will take part; and to commemorate the 5th year of the pass away of Mr. Ismail Saleh, the founder/ father of Indonesian bonsai.
Then we go with the support of many PPBI high-range officers as well as I mentioned before, including Mr. Junardy, the advisor of PPBI and many of their chapters presidents..

So nothing with politics until “someone” gets involved I guess.  However, as you said, we are all human with different interest…and it always takes time to learn and practice democracy with positive attitude.

Show must go on and we are still working on our website, many info got lost..and we will certainly come back soon with the registration info.

I personally apologize for this ashamed polemic, but I believe this will not affect to both events as we are communicating well with the host; whichever you visit, like it or not, you will see my bonsai there… bounce
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:20 am

I don't like the way this is going but I'm leaving it to you guys to sort it out amicably for just now. In the meantime, could people please post in English as it would be a shame to misunderstand either content or intention.

And just for the record, the moderators can identify when someone is using two identities.

Last edited by fiona on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  brett2013 Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:43 am

How I wish I could attend both ...

We don't even have such events here in our area ...

Here's good luck to both your events Smile

Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Golden-horse-ASTR4380-1300x894

brett2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Budi Sulistyo Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:43 pm

Hi Robert,

Thanks for wishing the success of our event.
Remember that since the beginning I congratulate you and wish for the success of your event.
It is for the sake of Bonsai in Indonesia, anyhow.

Budi
Budi Sulistyo
Budi Sulistyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:00 pm

Budi Sulistyo wrote:Hi Robert,

Thanks for wishing the success of our event.
Remember that since the beginning I congratulate you and wish for the success of your event.
It is for the sake of Bonsai in Indonesia, anyhow.

Budi

Exactly Budi, I appreciate it, and that's why I do the same and try to put altogether in synergic manner to make 2014 as a great Indonesian Bonsai Year, a glorious year that belongs to all Indonesian bonsai lovers, not mine and not yours. I did shared your congratulation on our official FB group to show we are all promoting our country. And I also posted this IBC link on our FB group before this polemic.

From the beginning when we got your first leaflet, we have been opening our both arms sincerely, as you can see all my or our official posting on different forum, locally and internationally before your posting here. The success of Indonesian bonsai is the success of mine and yours..and ours...and only by positive attitude and action.

Good luck !
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Wisnu Jakas Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:28 pm

Hi Friends,

Indonesia is well known as the largest archipelago country in the world, consisting of thousands islands. There are many species of trees and culture in each of islands. This makes Indonesia has many diverse communities, culture and also the art of bonsai. There are hundreds of clubs, bonsai community, organizations and abundant of artistic bonsai.

Please come to Indonesia and enjoy bonsai, culture and tourism. We're pleased to serve you as our guests. Bonsai for fun, friendship and humanity.

Best regards,
Chairman of AKSISAIN and IBA&CB

Wisnu Jakas

Wisnu Jakas

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhy Satya Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:44 am

fiona wrote:I don't like the way this is going but I'm leaving it to you guys to sort it out amicably for just now.   In the meantime, could people please post in English as it would be a shame to misunderstand either content or intention.

And just for the record, the moderators can identify when someone is using two identities.

Hi Fiona,

Thank you very much to verify, at least you know who is playing game. We will try to control the situation.

Best Regards,
Adhy
Adhy Satya
Adhy Satya

Back to top Go down

Post  Budi Sulistyo Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:49 am

Hi all,

One of the headliners will be Shinichi Nakajima from Japan.
He has travelled all around the world to teach bonsai

Here are some of his creations:

Nakajima san with Bali cap
Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Shinic10

Pinus parfiflora
Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Pinus_10

Pinus thunbergii
Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Pinus_11

Partenociscus tricupidata
Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Parthe10

Juniperus rigida
Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Junipe10

The Indonesian Bonsai Society, Bandung Chapter, will be the host of the event under the support of The Indonesian Bonsai Society that has more than 200 chapters through out the country and The Suiseki Association.

NO COVER CHARGE TO JOIN THE CONVENTION AND ADMIRE THE BEST BONSAI IN THE COUNTRY
Budi Sulistyo
Budi Sulistyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bonsai Hegar Cipariuk Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:24 am

Very Happy 
Budi Sulistyo wrote:Indonesia is the largest archipelago in the world with over 17.000 islands spread along the equator between Pacific and Indian Ocean.
Bonsai in Indonesia is promoted by PPBI or The Indonesian Bonsai Society that was founden in August 31, 1979. To inaugurate the 35th anniversary, PPBI will have a Grand Bonsai and Suiseki Exhibition in Kota Baru Parahyangan, Bandung, some two hours of drive from Jakarta on 11 - 19 October 2014. To see the real Indonesian bonsai please come and see the exhibition.
Here are some Indonesian trees to observe:

Casuarina equisetifolia

Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Casuar10

Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Cemara10

Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Casuar11

[img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f56/13/76/31/97/casuar12.jpg[/img<br />[/img]Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 ><a href=Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Cemara11" />

Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Cemara12

Pemphis acidula

Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Pemphi10

Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Pemphi11

Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Santig10

Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Santig11

Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Br000510

Other trees and information will soon follows.

Bonsai Hegar Cipariuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaybird Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:45 pm

To say these trees are some of the most awe inspiring I've ever seen is an understatement. Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year!
Jaybird
Jaybird

Back to top Go down

Post  Budi Sulistyo Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:26 pm

Ficus green island
Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 0310
Budi Sulistyo
Budi Sulistyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Budi Sulistyo Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:43 pm

Dear all,

Here are some bonsai from Bandung that will be in the exhibition

Juniperus chinensis

Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Junipe12

Ficus compacta
Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Kompak10

Ligistrum
Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Legist10

Celtis Sp
Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Phusu_11

Grey bark elm
Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Selkov10

Malphigia glabra
Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Sianci10
Budi Sulistyo
Budi Sulistyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bonsai Hegar Cipariuk Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:27 am

dear all

thank Mr. Budi …. that already publish our bonsai from Bandung Indonesia, hopefully on the 35th anniversary of Indonesian Bonsai Society (PPBI), all our collections can be included ... as chairman Bandung chapter of the PPBI, as well as a host ... we hope to show quality bonsai exhibition ... just information, we exhibit in the previous year, we managed to show more than 500 bonsai trees as PPBI pride ... we are waiting for the presence of all the fans bonsai in our city ...

Here are some other bonsai from Bandung that will be in the exhibition

Serut: Indonesian native trees
Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Bekasi24

Serut: Indonesian native trees
Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Img_0710

Sisir Kaliage: Indonesia native trees
Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Img_1010

Kawista: Indonesia Native trees
Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Bekasi25

Serut: One of our bonsai displays and presentations
Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Img_0611

Last edited by Bonsai Hegar Cipariuk on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Bonsai Hegar Cipariuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Bonsai Hegar Cipariuk Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:42 am

hi all....

Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Img_0010

Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Img_1310

Bonsai Hegar Cipariuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:02 am

Bonsai Hegar Cipariuk wrote:dear all

thank Mr. Budi …. that already publish our bonsai from Bandung Indonesia, hopefully on the 35th anniversary of Indonesian Bonsai Society (PPBI), all our collections can be included ... as chairman Bandung chapter of the PPBI, as well as a host ... we hope to show quality bonsai exhibition ... just information, we exhibit in the previous year, we managed to show more than 500 bonsai trees as PPBI pride ... we are waiting for the presence of all the fans bonsai in our city ...

Very nice collection Pak Tedi !

Is the date confirmed ?

I will participate with my bonsai as well....
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Bonsai Hegar Cipariuk Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:58 pm

Pak robert ... My senior ... we plan to organize exhibitions … to inaugurate the 35th anniversary, PPBI of Bandung will have a Grand Bonsai and Suiseki Exhibition in New Town Parahyangan, Bandung, on 11-19 October 2014..... With regard to demonstrations of bonsai, PPBI through coordinating the event on 11-13 October 2014, we expect Indonesian bonsai lovers can attend our exhibition ... Thank for your attention master….

Bonsai Hegar Cipariuk

Back to top Go down

Post  priya uthama Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:14 pm

Bonsai Hegar Cipariuk wrote:hi all....

Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Img_0010

Indonesian Bonsai - Page 2 Img_1310

Amazinggg What a Face 
priya uthama
priya uthama

Back to top Go down