Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

walnut shohin stands

2 posters

Go down

walnut shohin stands Empty walnut shohin stands

Post  Hank Miller Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:11 pm

Here are a  few new walnut  shohin stands. Enjoy. Hank

walnut shohin stands Shk37110

walnut shohin stands Sh236410

walnut shohin stands Sh236411
Hank Miller
Hank Miller

Back to top Go down

walnut shohin stands Empty Shohin Stands

Post  bonsaisr Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:56 pm

I'm enjoying mine. Very Happy 
But I need a mini cascade stand about 3" x 3" for a cascade ivy that goes in the display. Something simple, maybe just a cube.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

walnut shohin stands Empty Re: walnut shohin stands

Post  Hank Miller Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:28 pm

I am not sure about what you would you have in mind. Can you specify the length and width of the top of the cascade stand as well as the heighth of the stand.
Hank
Hank Miller
Hank Miller

Back to top Go down

walnut shohin stands Empty Cascade Stand

Post  bonsaisr Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:55 pm

Sorry I don't have a picture handy. The whole display is on the stand I bought from you last year. The ivy is in a square pot 3" wide x 4" tall. Because of the design of the tree and the design on the pot, it is always displayed catty-corner. I was told to put it on a mini cascade stand, not directly on the display stand. Ideally, this would be 3.25" wide square & 3" to 3.5" tall. Fred Janson has a root stand about the right size, but it is very elaborate and more than I want to pay. Jim Lewis suggested a plain cube. I have one 3.5" wide, but it looks too big. And they said shohin bonsai are less trouble. confused Confused scratch 
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  Hank Miller Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:28 pm

I had a bit of time today.  Below is an unfinished prototype of a small walnut  cascade stand of roughly the dimensions you specified. Is this what you had in mind?
Hank

walnut shohin stands Shcs3710
Hank Miller
Hank Miller

Back to top Go down

walnut shohin stands Empty Walnut Stands

Post  bonsaisr Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:30 pm

That would be perfect.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

walnut shohin stands Empty Walnut Stands

Post  bonsaisr Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:11 am

Once again SuperHank rides in from the West to save damsel in distress.

walnut shohin stands Img_0616

Here is my shohin collection on Hank's shohin stand, with the ivy displayed on its own little cascade stand. I only hope the quality of my trees continues to improve.
The assistant tree is my dwarf pomegranate. I like to use my bamboo grass kusamono with the shohin display. It's allowed for Tu BiShevat because that represents spring.  Very Happy However, this was a 3 day exhibit & I didn't think the grass would tolerate it.
They say the pots in a shohin display are very important. I was advised to put the 'Chinotto" (the one on top) in a shallower pot. After looking high & low, I broke down & ordered a pot from Dale Cochoy.
Click on the picture to get the entire view.
Iris

Last edited by bonsaisr on Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Note about picture.)
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down