Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

raft-, clump- etc. in my garden

+6
landerloos
my nellie
Todd Ellis
JimLewis
Andre Beaurain
Jerry Meislik
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Empty Re: raft-, clump- etc. in my garden

Post  Guest Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:49 pm

I am happy you like my trees. And I also want to post, but questions need to be asked by readers, otherwise will my trees just be a Photo to look at.

What a pity about the storm, and the damage of your trees...a couple of weeks ago we had the strongest storm ever in Denmark...half the sice of the storm, that hit the Philipines...the forrest around our house was partly laid dawn, and two of the houses ...a barn and a another house of ours, had both a tree through the roof...very sad, one of the trees was a very old big wild twotrunk pyrus.
My bonsaitrees was safe...had them in the basement.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Empty Re: raft-, clump- etc. in my garden

Post  Neli Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:28 pm

I hope I am not asking too much but for me this is the best way to exchange information...
I never expected hail here. Never seen one before.
Neli
Neli

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:27 pm

A couple of years ago, when I was in Japan, I ate the very big apples they have ower there for breakfast, red and yellow...I brought some seeds back home.

I placed the seed in this 42 cm pot they are in now, and left them to grow....the year after did I take the whole grown together rootball, and placed it in a deep container as it was...added some more appleseed, and left it to grow two more years...added more appleseed.
  raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_4210

I have placed the forrest in the original pot again...the trunks have very nice surfaceroots...I believe it is thanks to the big stones, I had placed close to the trunks on the surface, between the trees, the last two years.

For now will there be a little more virering to do, and some branches to grow....the 4th tree from the left is red.

Hope you like it  Smile 

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:06 pm

After having looked at the forrest for some days, I realised, I like the "grow up, and cut back" tecknique for this kind of tree...apples does not really have long slender trunks.
raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_4211
This is how it look today.

The same teckinque has been used for this twotrunk wild pear...it is one tree, made from one seed I planted some years ago...it came from a a really primitive wild pear, whos fruit was only 3 cm wide. The mothertree is old, and is standing in former Eastgermany...next time I go there will i take a Photo of the tree, and collect more tiny pears, hard as rocks.
raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_4212
The tree has reached a stage, were strong unlimited growth will do god...there after will I use the big scissor as I call it...(this is how I make my fucus' ) Walter call it something else...hedge-something.

After the apples have reached the same state, will they also be left to grow bigger and stronger.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:24 pm

I bought this acer palmatum clumpstyle in 2010.....the tree had not been cared for, for many years, the trunks was a mess, and the branches was placed bad, and had grown in clumps.

I cut back trunks I did not like, and the others did I placed nice, and left them to grow. Most of the trunks was cut a little back, to be grown up Again.
The tree have been grown freely every summer....
raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_0610
Summer 2012...a lot of Work had already been done at this time.

raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_1310
This is how it looked late in the Winter before pruning back
raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_2010
Winter 2013...the tree has been pruned hard, and repottet to a smaller pot.

Again the tree had a summer growing nice and wild, and this is how it look now, pruned and ready for next year...
raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_3916
I can see a trunk need to be placed better Again ( maybe the vire has lost the grip )
The tree is standing 60 cm. tall now.

There is still a lot of work to be done, regular pruning, and still som long branches to shape the tree will be what the tree need.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:32 pm

raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 2fil_810

No joke...the mother apple to the forrest was realy big  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:52 am

A couple of years ago was I given a fairly big twotrunk Acer palmatum containerplant for my birthsday in beginning of may....soon after I notisted it had a fungus running dawn on the sides of the two trunks, leaving the sides to die back...it was terrible, the fungus also endangered the rest of my acers.
I placed it far away from my garden, and did what I could to treat it.

It suvived...late summer I tilted the big pot, and attatced a light flamincopot to the trunk, hoping it would root.
After 1 1/2 year was roots strong enough to seperate the one trunk and pot it as a raft.    
raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_4316

My first Photo from 2011...the tree is in a 42 cm. pot.
The branches was the original, and gave a windswept tree I prefered not to continue with...the one branch had I managed to pull back when I tilted the pot, and started the work
raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_0310
I cut back the branches  and grew out new....
The thing about Acer palmatum is, that they grow 7 to 9 cm between the internodes, and most of  the new Growth was useless for the future design.

It has never been my intention to keep the raft small, but after I a kind of gave up on the long internodes, did I cut all new too long branches back just behind the buds, and left the long soft branch to die...the tree shot again, maybe too long Again, but the third or the fourth time, was the internodes short and usefull  
raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_0611

raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_0710

raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_4217
This is how it look this winter 2013
I am planning to continue the work the same way for now...when I think I have the trunks "finished", will I let the tree grow strong for a while in a big box, to make all the trees bigger, they are much to small as they are now, for my taste....Wonder how it will look in the future

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 22, 2014 12:54 pm

The raft from page 1, today...flowers, can you see them Andre? Cool 
raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_5415

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 22, 2014 1:24 pm

Turning out nice Yvonne.

regards,
jun  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  ianb Fri May 23, 2014 6:59 am

Neli wrote:Thanks Darling...Mine I think is fat enough, medium sized...but with some scars and I carved it plus that too. How do wounds heal?
How do you style the branches?
raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 482434_10200549035680415_2098167155_n

Hi Neli,

I'm late to this but I think your tree is Eleagnus or Silverberry not Euonymus.

Ian

ianb

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Fri May 23, 2014 7:29 am

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:The raft from page 1, today...flowers, can you see them Andre? Cool 
raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_5415

Kind regards Yvonne

Very Pretty Yvonne..  very dainty and feminine , I can believe its the same Euonymous.

You wont believe how many of my trees got the "Yvonne grombeek   shop"  , As I now call it.  (This is the way I pronounce your surname, cause I have no idea what it should sound like.) ( Or is it pronounched...."Growback")  hihihihihihihihihi  

By the way Neli I think yours is Elaeagnus commutata.

Love and light
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 23, 2014 10:24 am

Many thanks Jun  Smile 

Andre  Smile  I think you can call me growback if you want to, as this is pretty much what I do   Cool. But Yvonne is also OK.
Happy to inspire.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 29, 2014 12:31 pm

The first tree on page one, has just had all the leaves cut back...it has grown as insane all spring  Smile 

As you can see are the stalks from the leaves very long, and I dont think the tree will ever give a nice summerdisplay...has to be a Winter... or I must grow the tree up in sice, to absorbe the long stalkes, witch I a kind of, think is a pitty.
raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_5412
Does any of you have experiences with this problem with the ginnala.?

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:22 am

The young appleforrest from page 2 is growing nice and strong now standing 23 cm tall
raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_5515

raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_5516

The tiny tree to the left died, but I have placed 4 or 5 new seed in the soil, so lets see what happens...later this summer when the growth stop, and the roots begin to develope will I place the forrest in a very big pot, but this is later  Smile 

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Neli Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:08 am

ianb wrote:
Neli wrote:Thanks Darling...Mine I think is fat enough, medium sized...but with some scars and I carved it plus that too. How do wounds heal?
How do you style the branches?
raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 482434_10200549035680415_2098167155_n

Hi Neli,

I'm late to this but I think your tree is Eleagnus or Silverberry not Euonymus.

Ian
You are right! I always confuse eleagnus and eonimus. I remember it better as gumi. The names are so similar...I forget which was which. Rolling Eyes  but I have them both.
I wonder why I dont get notifications on threads I am subscribet to.
Ivonne,
I enjoy your posts a lot. Very inspiring.
What I do with acers is I try to create few short internodes with pinching before I let the trunk/branch grow for fattening so I have something to cut back to. Some time internodes are so long you have to cut back to zero.
Neli
Neli

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:43 am

Hi Neli

Happy you found the right name for your tree  Smile .....It was not the internodes I was refering to on the ginnala, but the length of the leaves stalks.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Neli Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:07 pm

Darling I was referring to the maple before. bounce Rolling Eyes I am a silly girl...How did I manage to confuse them again.
Neli
Neli

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi Neli

I also pinch back long internodes on the regular japanese acer, I have 3 of this kind of trees...this one, the clumpstyle...and one witch is a small shohin, a remain from this raft.
I do the pinching all the time, and yet they do well, and have a lot of leaves...full crown...amazing

raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_5519

raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_5520
The raft look like this now, and develope OK, I think the trunks will be nice and ready for strong growth during next year.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Neli Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:27 pm

I like it...I have a small mame forest like this,
Neli
Neli

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:07 am

The appleforrest have come to a point were the rapid summergrowth has stopped
raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_5917
The 11 trees have grown nicely, the lowest branches is placed and growing nicely... the tallest tree is at the moment 45 cm......now I want the trunks to grow fatter, and I have placed them in a big fairly shallow container.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:59 am

Spring is near, and give hope for a nice growingseason Smile
raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_7510
The tallest tree is 15,5 cm tall...when the tree have filled out the pot with roots in the middle/late summer, will I carefully move it to a bigger pot...the plan for now....the same plan for the appletree  

raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_7511
This one is standing 32.5 cm tall...movement and nice surfaceroots is beginning to show.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  -Daniel- Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:03 pm

Very nice Yvonne !!!! ThumbsUp

Ciao , Daniel Very Happy
-Daniel-
-Daniel-

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:45 pm

Thanks Daniel Smile

A another bonsai in my garden....Acer palmatum...from bushy new bonsai in 2012.
raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 2fil_810
Today standing 60 cm tall...
raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_7530
Look forward to the growingseason Smile

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 08, 2015 12:34 pm

I dont think the small Euonymus europarus willl ever look better, than it does this spring...the flowers are about to burst, and the tree is healthy

raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_7815
The old tree is standing 19 cm tall Smile

raft-, clump- etc. in my garden - Page 2 Img_7816
The 23 cm. Acer ginnala has just ben defolicated, as it had become very dense...now can I expect smaller leafes this summer, and work on the ramification of the apex, as the winterdisplay is very important for me.

Kind regards yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyLane Fri May 08, 2015 1:54 pm

There are so many wonderful little trees growing in your garden, must be a delight watching them grow Very Happy
BobbyLane
BobbyLane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2