Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juniperus scopulorum - Rocky Mountain Juniper First Styling

3 posters

Go down

Juniperus scopulorum - Rocky Mountain Juniper First Styling Empty Juniperus scopulorum - Rocky Mountain Juniper First Styling

Post  Lost2301 Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:22 am

Hi,

This is my first attempt at styling a Rocky Mountain juniper and my 2nd juniper overall. I would appreciate any feedback anyone has. I am thinking about removing the long jin on the left side of the tree.

Thanks,

Mike

Front
Juniperus scopulorum - Rocky Mountain Juniper First Styling 09810

Left side
Juniperus scopulorum - Rocky Mountain Juniper First Styling 09710

Right side
Juniperus scopulorum - Rocky Mountain Juniper First Styling 10010

Back
Juniperus scopulorum - Rocky Mountain Juniper First Styling 10410
Lost2301
Lost2301

Back to top Go down

Juniperus scopulorum - Rocky Mountain Juniper First Styling Empty Re: Juniperus scopulorum - Rocky Mountain Juniper First Styling

Post  DougB Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:52 pm

Mike this has some interesting possibilities. As we consider our response, perhaps you could tell us what style(s) you see and your preference.
DougB
DougB

Back to top Go down

Juniperus scopulorum - Rocky Mountain Juniper First Styling Empty Re: Juniperus scopulorum - Rocky Mountain Juniper First Styling

Post  JimLewis Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:11 pm

I would definitely remove (or at least shorten) it.

Working from a 2-D image, pic 3 is your front.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Lost2301 Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:39 am

Hi Doug and Jim,

Thank you for your responses. I don't have a particular style in mind. This tree for some reason started growing straight up and then a side branch took over as the main trunk. The new branch/trunk grew in the shape of a curve over the old trunk. A second branch did the same thing to the new trunk. The original trunk continued to grow but was really skinny compared to the other 2 larger trunks now. So I decided to try to use this movement in the design.

There is a cottonwood tree growing along a creek near my house that lost its main trunk and a branch has grown out from the side and over the old trunk. The tree is massive and one of my favorites. I cannot seem to post a photo now of the cottonwood tree for some reason.

I jinned the long branch just in case I needed it. Right now I am leaning on shortening it as Jim suggested.

I am not this tree has a style other then natural.

Mike
Lost2301
Lost2301

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down