Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garnet Beach Sand and Diamonds

4 posters

Go down

Garnet Beach Sand and Diamonds Empty Garnet Beach Sand and Diamonds

Post  Andre Beaurain Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:32 pm

So I've planned this trip  a while ago,  for I had to see this 3 little beaches again and collect a little more sand to display my 'Beloved stones'

This to me is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, and as far as I know the only ones.  

The area is one of the riches in Diamonds in the World as well.  

They harvest  the Diamonds  in the sea and under the sand, 30m down through beach sand to the bedrock, where the diamonds sits in a gravel layer of 30cm thick.

In years passed, one could pick them up  everywhere, and there are still places like that, but we are not allowed to go there...of course.  

Diamond hunters  shot out the Ostrich in this area, for Ostriches cannot resist shining stones, so they use to eat the diamonds...(Ostriches eat stones to help with digestion)   and the hunter killed them to take out the diamonds.  

Today one can find Ostriches  again....... Its interesting that at one time pigeons where also shot by the police, as people use them to smuggle out the diamonds, and a law was passed that all pigeon must be shot.  Strange and  amazing isn't it?

My Dad picked up two diamonds,  One was almost a carat, but it was stolen from me.  This is the smaller one.  Uncut and the clarity is pure, can an uncut diamond be suiseki, I believe it is hard enough.. hihihihihihi  Its placed on Basalt from the ocean.

Garnet Beach Sand and Diamonds 00210

The 80km dirt road to the Diamond rich Hondeklipbay....

Garnet Beach Sand and Diamonds Hondek10

The Flowers and amazing Batolite Granite Outcrops.  This area of South Africa is famous for its Spring flowers... There wasn't so many because it rained till this morning and they must still open up..  
And People this is the cradle of all Humans on the planet...Since they done the human genome mapping, they figured out that everybody comes from the Khoi and San and this is where they lived.......  So in each one of us, is a piece of this land.....

Garnet Beach Sand and Diamonds Hondek11

And the INCREDIBLE GARNET Beaches.  There are only 3 little ones.  It doesnt mix with the other sand because the crushed garnets is lighter and sits on top.  But you can dig at least 50cm down.....  Isnt it awesome!!

Garnet Beach Sand and Diamonds Garnet10

Garnet Beach Sand and Diamonds Garnet11

Garnet Beach Sand and Diamonds Garnet12

Garnet Beach Sand and Diamonds Garnet13

White quarts patches are also and unique feature of this landscape, and they riddled with amazing flora and succulents,  looks like ice in the desert...

Garnet Beach Sand and Diamonds Hondek12

Garnet Beach Sand and Diamonds Hondek13

and last ...me...can you feel the love in the Sunset....

Love and light
Garnet Beach Sand and Diamonds Me10
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Garnet Beach Sand and Diamonds Empty Re: Garnet Beach Sand and Diamonds

Post  Guest Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi Andre

Lovely Photos....the story about the diamonds you found, and the story/history about the birds is awesome, and unexpected...loved it.

I would like to walk the long walk, and to have a bit of this country in me is a honor...the Beach...I dont feel envy, but i would really love to "try" it...see it with my own eyes.

Thanks for sharing the Photos...love and light to you too

kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:47 pm

Thank you so much Yvonne.

Who knows maybe one day you will come to Africa, and help me carve daizas for my Beloved stones. Hihihihihi

Do you think I can carve a Tiny daiza for the Diamond.

Love and light
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi Andre

yes...make it small with a hole in the one end...and then call it a ring Smile ...I would love to go to southafrica and help you with the carving... how about next week?

kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:56 am

Andre,
Thanks for sharing your trip. I really like the massiveness of the basalt against the little stone that holds such power as to drive man crazy, I dont think a diaza could ever contain it but between yourself & Yvonne I reckon there might just be a chance to pull it off:ThumbsUp: 
Feeling the love & light
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  stonener Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:24 am

WoW Dre! Your Posting is Awesome!...ThumbsUp 
Forget the diamonds! that garnet beach sand is the "BOMB"...cyclops 
Would be fabulous in a doban with one of my "Heart Material Stones!
That stone type has garnet in it and would complement the display.
I have search the river but never seen and garnet sand?
Now I understand it's all the way down stream at the Ocean edge...Suspect 
There is plenty of black rice size gravel that I use for same concept.

Dude the picture story is very nicely done with lots of thought and planning!...Shocked
I feel as if I took the trip with you! your effort in posting is greatly appreciated!
Hoping you brought back enough garnet sand to share? ha!
I'll take 50 lbs Please!...Basketball 
stonener
*in ten dose's*

stonener

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:08 am

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:Hi Andre

yes...make it small with a hole in the one end...and then call it a ring Smile ...I would love to go to southafrica and help you with the carving... how about next week?

kind regards Yvonne
That is very funny Yvonne.  

But it is still illegal to have a uncut diamond, and believe me I won't do very well in a jail.  Being somebodies bitch is not for me...hihihihiihi

So I thought about this daiza for the hardest stone on earth.....what about a daiza that looks like a drop of water, and sit the diamond on top. Then you have the hard on top and sitting in something so soft like water...nice contrast...... Like this:

Garnet Beach Sand and Diamonds Index210

But how would one go about carving it, and in what wood?

You are welcome anytime.  My spare bedroom is really lovely and always available for guests.  (Our house was built in 1856, and the front room has an incredible happy aura,((can a room have a aura?))

Matt thank you for your nice words. That's why I'm getting Yvonne involved wtih this now. But yes the diamond on top op the basalt do have a nice feeling, doesn't it?

Stonener thank you , I think the Garnet sand you will only get at a place which is rich in diamonds and where the path of a vast River use to flow. ( The Orange River or Gariep, the Khoisan name).
Keep on wishing and you will get your sand....ThumbsUp 

Love and light
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:35 am

Hi Andre

yes who want to be caged, and somebodys bitch...not for me too.

The drop of water is a very nice idea, and your Photo is the nice drawing....Find a person in your area who has a machine for wood, that will make it possible to drill it round, like a stoolchairs leg, maybe Ebony would be nice for the stone.
If you like the idea, and find a person with a machine like that, can I later make the drawing...Maybe a IBCmember has a such machine...you dont have to send the stone anyvere to have the stand carved.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:14 am

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:Hi Andre

yes who want to be caged, and somebodys bitch...not for me too.

The drop of water is a very nice idea, and your Photo is the nice drawing....Find a person in your area who has a machine for wood, that will make it possible to drill it round, like a stoolchairs leg, maybe Ebony would be nice for the stone.
If you like the idea, and find a person with a machine like that, can I later make the drawing...Maybe a IBCmember has a such machine...you dont have to send the stone anyvere to have the stand carved.

Kind regards Yvonne
I'm waiting Yvonne...in anticipation for my drawing. Please.....Pretty Please. I also think it should be hollow so that I can insert a light to shine through the diamond...what do you think?

I go to art classes every Wednesday morning..we have access to all kinds of woodworking tools and equipment.

Love and Light
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:48 am

Hi Andre

I think I read in your reply, you want to make a ring from the stone...am I right?

When I replied, I was thinking on a stand like the Water, carved in a hard Wood, in a possible to carve design

Garnet Beach Sand and Diamonds Img_3413

If you have acces to all kinds of tools, does it make it much more interesting...can you cut material usefull for casting?, and so on.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:02 am

No Yvonne.  No ring...Ring equals jail..... hihihihihiihi  The Diamond doesn't want to be in a cage either.

Definitely  a daiza that looks like a drop of water.

We have a wonderful writer that wrote a story about the smuggling of diamonds,( For the locals that are interested:  Dalleen Matthee;  Brug van die esels)  Anyway the girl couldn't keep the diamonds in a pouch for she felt that they had to see the moonlight, They felt sad in the Pouch,   so she moved them around until she placed them on the hairy leaves of her African Violet standing in the windowsill....so they looked like drops of water sitting on the leaves.  Was very moving.

Yes I have access to all kind of equipment, please elaborate on what material for casting are you referring to?

Love and light
ps Thank you for the drawing!!
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:19 am

Interesting.... Diamonds Act of 1986.

http://www.acts.co.za/diamonds-act-1986/
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:38 pm

O Thank you John.

It seems like it would not be so difficult to obtain a permit...cheers  Of course like everything else here in Africa it would probable be quicker on the Taxi depo..hihihihihihihi

You are one of the very very Few North Americans that actually say USA in your location.  Most don't bother, I find it very arrogant,  and very time consuming to Google their abbreviations.  And yes, I will keep on bitching about it. Sorry John.

But thank you for your humanity.  hihihihihihihihii

Yvonne you havn't answered me about the casting?  What did you have in mind? Like a resin.....or bronze!! ?

Love and light
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:37 pm

Hi Andre

Still thinking.....I hope you figured out it was a cross section i showed you. polished Silver could be nice.

i would prefer to see whitch materials was available, and there after come up with an idea.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:58 pm

I enjoyed your story and photos Andre. What a lovely place! How could I obtain a small bag of that sand for our sand collection?
Thanks,
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:13 am

Dear Yvonne. I think the daiza in silver is a great idea. I also know a jeweler who can cast it for me. Thanks you so much for the vision..

Todd thank you, everything is possible..... I think we have to chat in PM....

Love and light
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  stonener Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:09 pm

Hey Dre! here's a little light! right back at ya!
Held off on my display opinion till your first answer was fully given.
For reasons we are all! only too well aware of...No 
But now I would like to offer only my humble opinion, as an expert on nothing!
There could be absolutely nothing more Natural and in tune with your Raw Diamond!
Than what you have already showed us! was then overwhelming perfect! in a word STUNNING ...Like a Star @ heaven 
Take a second look! my friend and see clearly what was originally offered.
Hands off! "as collected" has always been and will always be the very best way possible!
There are many ways to see things! but "all things Natural" will clearly trump them all!
The solution you seek is "already in your GOD GIVEN hands", no need for man to improve on,
what is already perfectly created! ...cyclops
stonener
*no fix needed*  

Garnet Beach Sand and Diamonds Dre_s_10

However if you feel the need to complete! just set it on one of your driftwood pieces! "natural daiza!"
*are you feeling it! Bro?* one love...Like a Star @ heaven

stonener

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down