Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newly collected azalea (40-50 years)

3 posters

Go down

Newly collected azalea (40-50 years) Empty Newly collected azalea (40-50 years)

Post  Arzivenko Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:13 pm

An old guy died and his sons sold the house. Before they cut all trees to start a new building i saved this azalea:

(The box is 50cm wide)
Newly collected azalea (40-50 years) DSC_7287
Arzivenko
Arzivenko

Back to top Go down

Newly collected azalea (40-50 years) Empty Re: Newly collected azalea (40-50 years)

Post  Arzivenko Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:54 am

Today my father gave me some help, this is the 2nd azalea being pulled out.

Newly collected azalea (40-50 years) P1050155
Arzivenko
Arzivenko

Back to top Go down

Newly collected azalea (40-50 years) Empty Re: Newly collected azalea (40-50 years)

Post  Todd Ellis Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:15 am

My back aches just from looking at the root ball! That's a hunk of azalea! Have fun with it!
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Arzivenko Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:57 pm

The last four colected trees:

Newly collected azalea (40-50 years) DSC_7288
Arzivenko
Arzivenko

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:28 pm

Nice azalea(s)! It looks to be the Southern indica 'Formosa'. Please clean and seal your cuts and put a layer of moss or mulch over the base and soil surface until you have plenty of new growth. Plenty of sun is fine but you need to keep the roots shaded and cool. Also, you can wash all of the old heavy soil from the roots and change to good bonsai soil. They are very strong azaleas and won't mind.

Good luck!
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down