Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ficus repoting in hand made paper pot

3 posters

Go down

ficus repoting in hand made paper pot  Empty ficus repoting in hand made paper pot

Post  amanluthra688 Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:27 am

hi friends ,
ficus m. potted first time in hand made pot . 6 year old plant . the new roots have started growing
pots being paper pot is yet to be colored as season is rainy . i was thinking which colour would match.
i know the pot is not atractive as i have no option as pots in my area are not available so made my own pot. suggest me if any change is required . thanks
amanluthra688
amanluthra688

Back to top Go down

ficus repoting in hand made paper pot  Empty Re: ficus repoting in hand made paper pot

Post  amanluthra688 Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:40 am

sorry forgot the pic

ficus repoting in hand made paper pot  100_1112
amanluthra688
amanluthra688

Back to top Go down

ficus repoting in hand made paper pot  Empty Re: ficus repoting in hand made paper pot

Post  Xavier de Lapeyre Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:19 am

The pot is nice enough, rustic and seems solid enough.
Did you let the pot cure/weather outside some days before using it? [ Just wondering ]

What I would be more interested [ or was expecting from the post title ] was a series of shots and details on how you made the pot. [ I know there are loads of tutorials already online and on youtube, but it would be interesting to have seen your approach none the less ]
Looks like the typical cement / wet paper mix.

How many drainage holes did you placed?
Xavier de Lapeyre
Xavier de Lapeyre

Back to top Go down

Post  amanluthra688 Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:06 am

thanks xavier for liking the pot .
the pot was dried in the sun befor potting .
the weather here is rainy and due to this as the paper cement pot again looks wet or recently made.
one benifit of this like pot is that the pot is very hard.
and i have placed 2 drainage hole one on the left center and the right center. and surrounding the drainage holes there are small holes may be 8 on each hole for wiring the plant.
amanluthra688
amanluthra688

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:37 pm

Hello Guys,

just made a concrete pot for my oldest pine. Simple cement / dried pigment / sharp sand / a little red sand [ to tighten the body ] / fibre for strengthening the body.

Pot is presently under water to cure for the 4 weeks and water will be changed to remove the free alkalines. Basically, when you see the mosquito larvae, you know the pot is okay for plant use.

If you paint your pot, Amanluthra688, perhaps the ficus might prefer the underneath to be paint free and porous, to handle the extra water ?
Great growing.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down