Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to find an Lotus style pot, 18"-20" wide, etc.

5 posters

Go down

Trying to find an Lotus style pot, 18"-20" wide, etc. Empty Trying to find an Lotus style pot, 18"-20" wide, etc.

Post  SMJ76 Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:54 pm

Running into issues with trying to find a good sized pot for a bald cypress.  
Was looking for a large sized orchid style pot, but have only found one and its a little higher than I'm looking to pay.  I'm sure they are out there but where I simply don't know.  Needs to be at least 18" wide 12" wide, 3-5" deep.  That would work.  Would be more than happy to pick up a good used one.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by SMJ76 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total

SMJ76

Back to top Go down

Trying to find an Lotus style pot, 18"-20" wide, etc. Empty Re: Trying to find an Lotus style pot, 18"-20" wide, etc.

Post  Russell Coker Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:24 pm

I'm lost. What's an "orchid style" pot???
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Trying to find an Lotus style pot, 18"-20" wide, etc. Empty Re: Trying to find an Lotus style pot, 18"-20" wide, etc.

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:41 pm

The Orchid style pot in this case would be a terra cotta bulb pot (1/2 as deep and wide) 12 wide x 6 deep for example, but also with wide drainage slots in the side, probably 4 to 6 such slots minimum.

I might have one, I will have to look, but I am in Florida and just the shipping would be expensive.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Ogranaja Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:50 pm

I'm with Russell on this one.

18 wide by 12 length by 3 - 5 deep sounds like a rectangular bonsai pot to me.

I'd love to see what Billy has, but a wooden grow box with the dimensions you require might be the thing you need. Just drill some side holes.

Good luck in your search. Wish I had more info.
Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  SMJ76 Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:52 am

Russell Coker wrote:

I'm lost.  What's an "orchid style" pot???

Sorry fellas, I meant Lotus not orchid. Rolling Eyes 
Basically, the shape of a lotus. At least that's what I've seen them referred to.

SMJ76

Back to top Go down

Post  D-Ho Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:54 am

Hollow Creek Bonsai sells one I've been thinking about buying myself for a while now:

http://www.hollowcreekbonsai.com/ecommerce/19-x16-x6-25-unglazed-lotus-bonsai-pot-x3.rhtml

D-Ho

Back to top Go down

Post  SMJ76 Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:58 am

D-Ho wrote:Hollow Creek Bonsai sells one I've been thinking about buying myself for a while now:

http://www.hollowcreekbonsai.com/ecommerce/19-x16-x6-25-unglazed-lotus-bonsai-pot-x3.rhtml

Saw that one, wasn't to sure the depth was right for my needs. Might be.
Saw this earlier today, wonderful style, wish I had a nice slanting tree to put into it!
http://www.kaizenbonsai.com/shop/images/mx035_pot.jpg

SMJ76

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:25 am

On a lotus pot, the Chinese importer I deal with has some. Try www.hfimports.com
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  D-Ho Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:21 pm

Billy,

They have some nice ones! Do they only deal with bulk orders or wholesale orders, or do they sell and ship to the public too? I guess I could ask them but you mentioned you deal with them so I wanted to ask you first.

D-Ho

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:58 pm

I always go to the warehouse, look around and buy. You will have ask. The owner is Andy Shi. He is Chinese. but a naturalized US citizen.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down