Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mugo - What's the plan?

3 posters

Go down

Mugo - What's the plan? Empty Mugo - What's the plan?

Post  jaymobonsai Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:17 pm

Hi,

I recently picked up two Mugo's in rough shape. I'm new to bonsai and still have difficulty envisioning how I want my bonsai to look based on the material I'm presented with. Especially with material like this. I was hoping to get some feedback as to styling choices for this particular material, how many trunks to keep, etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jay

Mugo - What's the plan? Mugo_d10

jaymobonsai

Back to top Go down

Mugo - What's the plan? Empty Re: Mugo - What's the plan?

Post  JimLewis Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:29 pm

As far as I can see each tree only has one trunk, so that's an easy solution.

Don't be in a rush to "do something." These trees undoubtedly will survive as is for as long as you need them to. This isn't really the time of year to do much with them, anyway.

Study these trees. Peer inside. They're small, so options are going to be limited, but you don't need to decide one ne now -- in fact, until you've read up a bit on bonsai pines and have studied a few dozen photos of nice pine bonsai (or, better yet, seen them in person) it probably is best that you do nothing for now.

I didn't look to see where you live (if you put it into our profile) but try to find a nearby bonsai club and join. You might find one here: http://absbonsai.org/bonsai-club-directory/usa
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Tona Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:57 pm

Hey Jay,
There is a poster on another forum (Bonsai Nut), Vance Wood that is very knowledgeable about Mugos. He could give you good advice. He may look in on this forum also.
Tona
Tona
Tona

Back to top Go down

Post  jaymobonsai Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:30 am

Unfortunately where I live in Canada there are no clubs, but I will surely continue to gather as much information as possible about Mugo's before diving in too quickly (us beginner's never have enough patience Smile.

I have seen a few posts on here by Vance as I knew his name from doing prior research on Mugo's. Perhaps I'll also try Bonsai Nut as well.

Thanks,
Jay

jaymobonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down