Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

36th Annual Mid-America Bonsai Exhibit

5 posters

Go down

36th Annual Mid-America Bonsai Exhibit  Empty 36th Annual Mid-America Bonsai Exhibit

Post  DreadyKGB Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:31 pm

36th Annual Mid-America Bonsai Exhibit
August 16 - 18, 2013

Special Guest Judge: Bjorn Bjorholm

Our August show is our show with the longest history, going into year 36 in 2013. It is one of the biggest regional shows in the nation. Centered on the Chicago Botanic Garden's Permanent Collection, featuring almost 50 world-class trees, it’s a showplace of trees from across the midwest. Enthusiasts from five states bring their trees to be judged in the main hall at the Garden's Regenstein Center - with this year's Guest Master Bjorn Bjorholm. There are no residency or membership restrictions for entering the show - any tree that can make it to Chicago is welcome to be entered.

Find us on Facebook or check our Website http://www.midwestbonsai.org/index.html

Last year's winning trees
36th Annual Mid-America Bonsai Exhibit  P8180010

36th Annual Mid-America Bonsai Exhibit  P8180011
DreadyKGB
DreadyKGB

Back to top Go down

36th Annual Mid-America Bonsai Exhibit  Empty Re: 36th Annual Mid-America Bonsai Exhibit

Post  DreadyKGB Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:53 pm

Any IBCers going?
DreadyKGB
DreadyKGB

Back to top Go down

36th Annual Mid-America Bonsai Exhibit  Empty Re: 36th Annual Mid-America Bonsai Exhibit

Post  Leo Schordje Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:54 pm

I will drop in on Friday afternoon, to see the displays and to shop. I will be out of town for Sat and Sun, so unfortunately I won't be able to attend the workshops. This is the best event in the mid-west.
Leo Schordje
Leo Schordje

Back to top Go down

Post  William N. Valavanis Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:42 pm

I'll be attending and displaying a pine bonsai in addition to my sales area.

Bill
William N. Valavanis
William N. Valavanis

Back to top Go down

Post  Fore Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:50 pm

I'll be going, but by the time I found the time to sign up for the one and only interesting one for me was the workshop by Jim Doyle. Bonsai: Intensive Techniques, it was full. And only 6 people. Wish he'd done another one ;(
Fore
Fore

Back to top Go down

Post  heyyou82 Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:47 am

I'll be there, and also acting as a docent on Saturday (I'm a Midwest Bonsai Society member).

heyyou82

Back to top Go down

Post  DreadyKGB Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:48 pm

Its good to see that we'll have an IBC presence. I will be there Saturday and Sunday. I wanted to sign up for the Jim Doyle workshop as well but I have to work on Friday. Heyyou what's your name?

Todd
DreadyKGB
DreadyKGB

Back to top Go down

Post  heyyou82 Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:49 am

DreadyKGB wrote:Its good to see that we'll have an IBC presence. I will be there Saturday and Sunday. I wanted to sign up for the Jim Doyle workshop as well but I have to work on Friday. Heyyou what's your name?

Todd
Hi Todd-

My name is Matthew. See you at the show!

heyyou82

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down