Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue bell new front

+2
Robert Steven
theBalance
6 posters

Go down

Blue bell new front Empty Blue bell new front

Post  Guest Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:09 pm

Hi IBC.

Today I work on this tree, A few months ago The tree lost an important branch (while it was on display) on the other side which used to be the front and I have to develop for several months the back which is now the new front.

Blue bell new front Dsc_0110

Blue bell new front Dsc_0111

I hope you like the new image. The original front is the one with the buddha,,,can't find that thread.

regards,
jun:)

Back to top Go down

Blue bell new front Empty Re: Blue bell new front

Post  theBalance Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:38 pm

Hey Jun,

a MOST impressive tree and a remarkable MiniScape !

the only thing that I suggest you consider is that there is a difrence between
the lower part ( the nebari+trunk ) that looks very wild and all the struggle of the years are shown
vs
the upper part ( the branches & leaves ) that look in my opinion too tidy, too perfect

I would have consider to create more space and diversity in the upper part, so it would match the lower part and bring more harmony to the whole MiniScape.
something like in this image:
https://servimg.com/view/15500999/1382

What do you think ?

Last edited by theBalance on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding a refernce)
theBalance
theBalance

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:41 pm

theBalance wrote:Hey Jun,

a MOST impressive tree and a remarkable MiniScape !

the only thing that I suggest you consider is that there is a difrence between
the lower part ( the nebari+trunk ) that looks very wild and all the struggle of the years are shown
vs
the upper part ( the branches & leaves ) that look in my opinion too tidy, too perfect

I would have consider to create more space and diversity in the upper part, so it would match the lower part and bring more harmony to the whole MiniScape.
something like in this image:
https://servimg.com/view/15500999/1382

What do you think ?

Thanks!

That was the other front of this tree, Sill not refined though in that stage.
The base in the previous angle too was not very much pronounced.

regards,

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:10 am

Very nice Jun, can't wait to see it in real.

See you next week...
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:44 pm

Thanks Robert.

It seems I'll be sending this tree and a couple more in the show to beef up the numbers of entries as you know we were victimized by the BAD POLITICS in bonsai just recently, and they even threaten to ask some clubs not to send entries even if the individuals have prepared their trees for months now.. It's like a cancer in the bonsai society now, this bad politics is eating us alive. Something has to be done with this system. Our show has all the purest intention of being a friendly show open for all clubs and individuals with fun activities to promote camaraderie among the friends and new friends to be. And what's worse is that the person involve (they say) is not even a Filipino. They have very very long arms it reaches even foreign shores.

We estimated we would lose close to 40% of the confirmed number of entries.

By the way my trees/penjing will be non competing entries to avoid more problem.

regards,
jun:pale: pale Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:42 pm

Hi Jun,

Don't be discouraged or dismotivated by those idiots "bonsai politicians" and take the positive thing. Have you ever thought why they do so ? It's simply because you are doing something right and something better for the community, something can affect their reputation and existance simply BECAUSE THEY CAN NOT DO ! and because they consider you as have BIG potential and threating their status-quo !

I have been experiencing this for 9 years, and this is time for me to blast them off because what happened recently had been very unethical and brutal ! I am filing a law suit against that dirty "buddy" for his brutality...that's ALL ABOUT JEALOSY which is not suppose to be in bonsai art where friendship should be above averything.

What we cannot accept and tolerate is that this "buddy" has brought his dirty politic from INDONESIA (Hhm... ?) to PHILIPPINES, suggest sabotase and create conflicts in foreign country by THREATENING the community, this is worse than TERRORIST ! Such practice SHOULD NOT happen in bonsai world ! You SHOULD LET YOUR COMMUNITY KNOW THE NAME OF THIS "BUDDY' S" (bet you can spell the name correctly...)!

We are simply doing something to promote bonsai art and hurt no one, and NO INTEREST on the bonsai politics !
Go ahead Jun, many are behind you...this will even make you stronger and bigger, people power is much stronger than those idiots who think they are VIP's...

Just do what you believe to be right and good for your community. See you next week and we will talk about this.
By then..stay strong my friend; this will never knock us down !

Last edited by Robert Steven on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:32 pm

very impressive Jun Very Happy , what is you think if the right side have a little bit longer?.
any way.. you are again with very nice Monster!!!! Twisted Evil 

Cheer!!
Pongsatorn.K
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Blue bell new front Empty New front.

Post  lennard Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:03 pm

With the new front the tree still looks good!

Any plans for the deadwood to the left?

Lennard
lennard
lennard

Back to top Go down

Blue bell new front Empty blue bell new front

Post  moyogijohn Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:48 pm

JUN,, Looks very nice !! the back of the tree looks good as a new front.. sorry you lost the branch,,someone break it ??? any way good job recreating the tree..take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:00 am

Hi Pongsatorn.

Thanks! lowering the branches is indeed one of my options.

regards,

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:04 am

moyogijohn wrote:JUN,, Looks very nice !!  the back of the tree looks good as a new front.. sorry you lost the branch,,someone break it ???  any way good job recreating the tree..take care    john

Thank you John.

Yes one of the main branches were lost in a show. It is a risk that exhibitors always get.

regards,

Last edited by jun on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:07 am

lennard wrote:With the new front the tree still looks good!

Any plans for the deadwood to the left?

Lennard

Thanks Lennard!

Still working on my wood detailing., When my wood skill carving is well beyond my expectation I will deal with it. It is hard to grow a new deadwood,,hehehe.

regards,

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:54 pm

jun wrote:
Thanks Lennard!

Still working on my wood detailing., When my wood skill carving is well beyond my expectation I will deal with it. It is hard to grow a new deadwood,,hehehe.

regards,

at here can grow new deadwood faster with Superglue Laughing Laughing Laughing 
(no not me! he he he)
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:21 am

pongsatorn.k wrote:
jun wrote:
Thanks Lennard!

regards,

at here can grow new deadwood faster with Superglue Laughing Laughing Laughing 
(no not me! he he he)

Here too but not me too! hehehe:lol: 

regards,

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Ogranaja Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:45 am

I loved it the other way, I love it this way. I just LOVE this tree. Sorry the branch broke, but when you have a tree that you can show from all angles, kudos to you brother.

Have a great weekend!!!!
Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down