Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All penjing show

3 posters

Go down

All penjing show  Empty All penjing show

Post  Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:52 pm

All penjing show  10050510

Back to top Go down

All penjing show  Empty Re: All penjing show

Post  Guest Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:26 am

Lindsay Farr is also coming over. Will also do some documentary on Philippine bonsai and penjing.

regards,
jun:)

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:43 pm

Just out of curiosity, how are you defining Penjing? As opposed to Bonsai?

Last edited by JimLewis on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  CraftyTanuki Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:49 pm

jun wrote:Lindsay Farr is also coming over. Will also do some documentary on Philippine bonsai and penjing.

regards,
This is fantastic news for us abroad who cant make it, I look forward to lots of pics Smile
CraftyTanuki
CraftyTanuki

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:25 pm

CraftyTanuki wrote:
jun wrote:Lindsay Farr is also coming over. Will also do some documentary on Philippine bonsai and penjing.

regards,
This is fantastic news for us abroad who cant make it, I look forward to lots of pics Smile

....and videos.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:31 pm

JimLewis wrote:Just out of curiosity, how are you defining Penjing?  As opposed to Bonsai?

That is a very wise question Jim.
Remember in one of my old post, i was asking something like "what is Penjing?". There is a very thin line bordering the two and some of the definitions are overlapping but there is a difference. Hopefully in this small national convention will define "penjing".

This is the announcement forum, should I answer here (in details) or should I continue with my other thread on penjing?

regards,

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:16 pm

Answer wherever you want, but if this is to be a judged show, you probably should provide entries with the qualifying criteria; if it is "just" a show, I guess it doesn't matter that much.  Viewers will decide for themselves -- assuming they know what to look for.

For me, the definition is blurry to nonexistent for individual trees, much less so for landscapes with rocks or figurines.

Maybe if you give us a link to your other thread. I remember it, but . . .
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:26 am

Yes Jim it is a judged show.

There are three (3) basic categories, they are as follows:

1. Tree penjing- this can be individual tree or group of trees. This depicts tree/s in pots/container the image of NATURAL trees as the dominant features in the composition.

2. Landscape Penjing- this is what we typically understood or misinterpret as the only "penjing" style, which features mountain and body of water placed in a shallow container or tray. The doinant feature here is the mountain image in a far panoramic view.

3. Water and land penjing- this is more of a combination or hybrid of the two categories mentioned above. This is composed of images of trees, water and land set in a natural view. It can be composed of single tree or multiple set of trees. this category can be interpreted as a close up view of a natural panorama of tree/s in a near water images.

...we tried to focus on the 3 main catgories but there are other form of penjing. and we will be issuing other special awards.

the 3 categories above will be divided in 3 sizes small, medium, and large.

regards,

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:56 pm

JimLewis wrote:Answer wherever you want, but if this is to be a judged show, you probably should provide entries with the qualifying criteria; if it is "just" a show, I guess it doesn't matter that much.  Viewers will decide for themselves -- assuming they know what to look for.

For me, the definition is blurry to nonexistent for individual trees, much less so for landscapes with rocks or figurines.

Maybe if you give us a link to your other thread.  I remember it, but . . .

Despite of the reason why and how they clasify Penjing from Bonsai, I am excited to come for this event because I am sure I will see lots of new thing...Idea 
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:01 pm

jun wrote:Yes Jim it is a judged show.

There are three (3) basic categories, they are as follows:

1. Tree penjing- this can be individual tree or group of trees. This depicts tree/s in pots/container the image of NATURAL trees as the dominant features in the composition.

2. Landscape Penjing- this is what we typically understood or misinterpret as the only "penjing" style, which features mountain and body of water placed in a shallow container or tray. The doinant feature here is the mountain image in a far panoramic view.

3. Water and land penjing- this is more of a combination or hybrid of the two categories mentioned above. This is composed of images of trees, water and land set in a natural view. It can be composed of single tree or multiple set of trees. this category can be interpreted as a close up view of a natural panorama of tree/s in a near water images.

...we tried to focus on the 3 main catgories but there are other form of penjing. and we will be issuing other special awards.

the 3 categories above will be divided in 3 sizes small, medium, and large.

regards,

Hi Jun, in my opinion, point no. 2 and no. 3 have nothing to do with the distance, but simply the matter of the "main object" or theme of the design.

BTW, I am eager to see the no. 1 as well....bounce 
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down