Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonsai in Wales

+10
will baddeley
bob hill
robatkinson
Hans van Meer.
marcus watts
logan3
Orion
Poink88
Paul B [Swindon]
Mark Cooper
14 posters

Go down

Bonsai in Wales Empty Re: Bonsai in Wales

Post  Mark Cooper Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:20 pm

Have been home for a few hours now, after helping set up the Bonsai Wales 2012 show with a great bunch of folks.
Over 60 top class bonsai on display, traders, and demos over two days. If you love bonsai, don't miss it. Looks like being a fabulous event.

Bonsai in Wales View_i10

Bonsai in Wales Kevs_y10
Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul B [Swindon] Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:04 pm

Here are my photos from the show.

There are 77 photos, so get a drink and enjoy

https://s1175.photobucket.com/albums/r633/Paul_Swindon/Bonsai%20in%20Wales%202012/?albumview=slideshow

Paul B [Swindon]
Paul B [Swindon]

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:15 pm

Paul,

Awesome trees, pots, accent plants, & pictures!!!

Thanks for sharing!!! cheers cheers cheers
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  Orion Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:40 pm

Congrats,

That was an excellent display throughout. Very nice mix of species and presentations. If you happen to know off hand, who carved the the animals in some of the displays? I noticed a nice stag, owl and hare.
Orion
Orion

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul B [Swindon] Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:55 pm

Orion

I think that they are all cast bronze from a number of sources I would imagine. I am sure the owners will be able to explain, but they will still be at the show. So they won't be on here until later

Paul B [Swindon]
Paul B [Swindon]

Back to top Go down

Post  logan3 Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Great photos Paul, I was really impressed. Looks like it was a great show. Pete

logan3

Back to top Go down

Post  Orion Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:52 pm

Paul B [Swindon] wrote:Orion

I think that they are all cast bronze from a number of sources I would imagine. I am sure the owners will be able to explain, but they will still be at the show. So they won't be on here until later

Thanks Paul
Orion
Orion

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:04 pm

Made it home safe and sound through a mini version of the hurricane hitting America soon !

Thank you to all involved with this show - totally hats off to the organisers for having the drive and foresight to aim high and secure a venue as good as this - a few earlier comments i feel have missed the point - every tree owner has spent 10's or even 100's of hours bringing their trees up to standard so to have the privelege of using such a good venue was repayment for effort and something for all to be proud of. Then you add in the benefit of trying to introduce our hobby to the general public.....the hobby always needs new blood.......so using a venue that attracts 1000's of individuals over a weekend is another major plus point - if there is a choice why ever consider using a venue no-one would ever want to visit?
I really hope every box was ticked and the event becomes a regular on the UK bonsai calender as it was a goodun.

(BTW - apparently it was close but I came second in the styling comp so fiona the amber nectar is safe for now Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy - I may make the Uk final's last slot as best runner up though so fingers crossed and what will be will be.........)

great weekend, even better to meet everyone for real rather than online,

cheers marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:42 pm

marcus watts wrote:

(BTW - apparently it was close but I came second in the styling comp so fiona the amber nectar is safe for now Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy - I may make the Uk final's last slot as best runner up though so fingers crossed and what will be will be.........)

great weekend, even better to meet everyone for real rather than online,

cheers marcus

Well don Marcus! Congratulations!
And it is great to hear (well actually read) that you are all excited about the whole experience! Bonsai can do that to you, dont it?! Very Happy Now put that feeling in to your next work and you cant go wrong anymore! Wink
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Bonsai in Wales Empty welsh show treadagaer

Post  robatkinson Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:29 am

hi mark and ritta
what a faboulous weekend you guys must be so proud of all of
your efforts you have fantastic bunch of guys n girls down there
we had a great time and cant thank everybody enough for
there hospitality. and the demos where great kev,alex,paul.
all done fantastic jobs on there trees.
thanks once again hope to see you at noelanders trophy
regards rob.a. cheers
robatkinson
robatkinson

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Cooper Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:56 pm

robatkinson wrote:hi mark and ritta
what a faboulous weekend you guys must be so proud of all of
your efforts you have fantastic bunch of guys n girls down there
we had a great time and cant thank everybody enough for
there hospitality. and the demos where great kev,alex,paul.
all done fantastic jobs on there trees.
thanks once again hope to see you at noelanders trophy
regards rob.a. cheers

Rob, many thanks for your kind words. The organising team (of which we were just a very small part) did a great job I think. See you at Noelanders.
Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:39 pm

Hans van Meer. wrote: Very Happy Now put that feeling in to your next work and you cant go wrong anymore! Wink
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

haha, well said Hans and I totally agree - I wanted to do a huge bend that at home I would do in the blink of an eye but there was a chance the top would have come right off in my hand, so I played tooooo safe (and learnt from it Wink )

marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:51 pm

Marcus, In my opinion you came more than close. There was nothing between you and the winner. A dead heat mate! keep faith Cool

BTW An amazing show, I have just got home and will write my blog in the next couple of days.

Back to top Go down

Bonsai in Wales Empty bonsai in waies

Post  bob hill Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:08 pm

i would just like to give a big thank you to all that made bonsai in wales such a great success,especialy anne keith and peter, the time and effort they gave made it all possible,i was proud to be a part of it and cant wait for the next one. the free tea and coffee was a real bonus a wonderful gesture,well done, bob hill . Bonsai in Wales 582674 Bonsai in Wales 582674 Bonsai in Wales 582674

bob hill

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Cooper Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:19 pm

bob hill wrote:i would just like to give a big thank you to all that made bonsai in wales such a great success,especialy anne keith and peter, the time and effort they gave made it all possible,i was proud to be a part of it and cant wait for the next one. the free tea and coffee was a real bonus a wonderful gesture,well done, bob hill . Bonsai in Wales 582674 Bonsai in Wales 582674 Bonsai in Wales 582674

Hear, Hear ! Well said Bob. I truly hope they repeat the event. Mark & Ritta
Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Thanks Tony, that means a lot.

Bonsai in Wales...........Please repeat it - the food at our hotel was out of this world and they do combined packages of the room and the tasting menu at a discounted rate cheers and breakfast was so good I didnt eat again until 5pm. Mandy really likes bonsai weekends away now ! so every penny well spent I feel Very Happy

looking forward to the book of the trees coming out too Smile

cheers Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  will baddeley Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:08 pm

Bonsai in Wales was a truly great event and an extremely warm and friendly atmosphere. Well done isn't enough really. Cool

Marcus. If it is any consolation, I was runner up in heats and went on to win in the final. Not trying to big myself up but just words of encouragement. Your tree was excellent.
will baddeley
will baddeley

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:15 pm

Congrats Will and Marcus. Just wish I could have been there. I missed an excellent show :-(
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  graham walker Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:04 am

Just a quick thankyou to all the organising team for all the effort they put in before, during and after such a wonderful Show
As Will has said the atmosphere was great, everyone so friendly. This is what Bonsai events in the UK should strive for, to be part of the 'bonsai family'. Was good to meet up with so many friends and just talk about and look at trees.

Congratulations Marcus in coming runner up, when I saw the trees I picked out yours first, not knowing the actual order!!!

Graham

graham walker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:19 am

graham walker wrote:Congratulations Marcus in coming runner up, when I saw the trees I picked out yours first, not knowing the actual order!!! Graham

Me too!

Back to top Go down

Bonsai in Wales Empty Bonsai in Wales

Post  Bob Bailey Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:09 pm

And me !

Bob Bailey

Back to top Go down

Bonsai in Wales Empty site updates

Post  Jeremy Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:54 pm

Hi,
Just updated the Bonsai in Wales site.
Bonsai in Wales 2012
Having a problem uploading the movie to the server, while I work at it here it is......

Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Bonsai in Wales Empty Bonsai in Wales

Post  Jeremy Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:51 pm

OCTOBER Update from the Organisers

WE ARE NOW READY TO GO TO PRESS  

Bonsai in Wales book is ready

It includes photographs of every exhibit in the show, quite a few photographs of Kevin and his magnificent demo, photographs of the venue, and also the people.

We hope it conveys the atmosphere of the show, and acts as a reminder of the weekend, as well as being a record of the standard of trees exhibited.

There are more than 60 colour photographs.

The cost is £10 per copy, prepaid, including post and packing

The book is A5 landscape, full colour, soft cover.

If you would like a copy, you will need to pay in advance. Please contact Peter Fielding to place you order and arrange payment.

You can contact Peter on 02920 707605 or peter@bonsaiwales.org.uk

Please order your copy by 1st December as the print run will be to suit the numbers ordered.

We will only print your copy if we’ve had your money, and Dec 1st is the deadline.

Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down