Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonsai in Wales

+9
Poink88
Treedwarfer
graham walker
Mark Cooper
marcus watts
fiona
Jeremy
bob hill
paul.spearman
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bonsai in Wales Empty Bonsai in Wales

Post  paul.spearman Thu May 24, 2012 7:32 pm

This is one not to miss. The last one was in 2000, 12 years ago. This Show in 17th century Tredegar House and National Trust Park Sun 26th and Mon 27th August. 2 min from juction 28 m4 Newport South Wales.

Headed by Kevin Wilson and is school of Yamadori 2 days. Will Baddeley, carving. Alex Eveling demo and Bob Hills rock planting plus Andrew, David and Paul Showing 20 plus welsh Yamadori and 20 plus, for sale, not offered for sale before or shown before.

Check the web site www.bonsaiwales.org.uk/

see you there Paul

paul.spearman

Back to top Go down

Bonsai in Wales Empty bonsai in wales 2012

Post  bob hill Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:15 pm

hi paul just logged on the ibc and saw your bit of news about the forth comeing bonsai in wales august,it sure is gearing up to be a great event and i am looking forward to it mate .all the best bob hill bounce bounce bounce

bob hill

Back to top Go down

Bonsai in Wales Empty Re: Bonsai in Wales

Post  Jeremy Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:03 pm

Hi,
Yes looks like it's going to be a classic.
Thank you for posting Paul.
I had planned to add it myself. I asked the organisers if they wanted me to add it, but I was told No! affraid
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:12 pm

I am hoping to exhibit 6 trees, The BIG Escallonia (featured here on IBC over the last 5 years) will be exhibited for the first time, this show is stacking up to be one hell of a great show with Kevin Willson working hard to pull together his work and students. It will be the highlight of my year that's for sure!

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:33 pm

Might manage to get there on the Sunday.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:44 pm

[quote="tony"]I am hoping to exhibit 6 trees,[quote]

quality not quantity mate - bring the very best one and save the rest for another day - there are plenty of shows these days and totally new trees are always better than "seen that before".

looks to be a good August bank holiday weekend, no accent leeks or Daffs though, instant disqualification Very Happy

cheers Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:53 pm

Ahhh... yes Quality for sure Marcus... some trees shine in August... wait till the show then you will see.

Two of the trees have never been seen before and the others are "By Request" as they are Welsh trees Cool

Back to top Go down

Bonsai in Wales Empty Bonsai in Wales

Post  paul.spearman Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:07 am

Thanks Bob Jeremy Tony Fiona and Marcus. Jeremy lets all pull together and make this the number one Show this year.we have a top class line up of trees and Bonsai Artists the best family venueTredegar House and Country Park.Top Welsh Trees returning to Wales and top British trees and i think Marcus is Showing too.Fiona get here on your bike and a large glass of wine will be waiting for you. Also we have Big Pit,The National Museum of Wales and St Fagons Museun of Welsh Life
all free entry and less than 15 miles away
all the best Paul

paul.spearman

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:38 pm

Would love to come but cant get time off work.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Bonsai in Wales Empty Bonsai Wales 2012 ...the venue

Post  Mark Cooper Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:45 am

Last Saturday afternoon we made a brief visit with some of the members of the organising team to view the very impressive venue and exhibition areas for the Bonsai Wales 2012 exhibition (despite the rain) :-.

Front view of the venue, Tredegar House. Tredegar House is one of the most significant late 17th-century mansion houses in the whole of the British Isles

Bonsai in Wales Tredeg10

One of the entrances to the exhibition areas, stable blocks and Orangery

Bonsai in Wales Ex_ent10

This is the Orangery, which will be a great exhibition space. The antique 13 meter long oak table (on the left hand side of the photo) will be dressed and used to display some of the exhibits

Bonsai in Wales Orange10

A view from the Orangery of the recently restored French style gardens. (The authentic black paths are made from coal dust, and the contrasting terracota paths are made from brick dust).

Bonsai in Wales View_o10

I hope to see some of you there.

Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:08 am

Hi Mark,
Wow - what a venue - this is going to be an excelent event. Mandy and I will be up on the Saturday sometime so looking forward to catching up. We checked and the venue and grounds are 'no dogs' (I can see why now ! Very Happy ) so we'll be up without ollie.

Sounds good Tony - looking forward to seeing them all - mine has some welsh moss on it now Very Happy

cheers all

Marrcus

marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:36 am

So... the countdown begins. I will be showing five trees... the BIG Escallonia will NOT be showing as it has undergone a rather radical change... no photos yet but Burrs attendees will be seeing the result.

I will be arriving at 7.30 on Sunday to set up... lets hope for a sunny weekend! who else from IBC will be there?

Back to top Go down

Post  graham walker Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:55 pm

We will be down on Saturday afternoon all being well
Tony, are you still staying down in Wales after the event???

Graham

graham walker

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:19 pm

Mandy and I arriving early sunday morning now - one tree, no dog and looking forward to an excelent weekend.

safe journies everyone Very Happy

marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:53 pm

graham walker wrote:We will be down on Saturday afternoon all being well
Tony, are you still staying down in Wales after the event???

Graham

Staying on Monday night, then home late Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post  Treedwarfer Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:58 am

Take heed Americans: This seems the kind of venue good shows are hosted in throughout Europe. No hospitals, no school halls, no seedy hotels.... Only when bonsai shows are hosted in such quality venues will the public's awareness of good bonsai be raised.

Cymru am byth.

Treedwarfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:22 am

Treedwarfer wrote:school halls, no seedy hotels.... Cymru am byth.

We have our fair share of the above ...and MORE! its just that the organisers of Bonsai Wales know how to GET IT RIGHT. Cool

Location, Venue, publicity, administration and flow of information to exhibitors has been excellent. Take heed other organisers of Events in the UK

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:17 pm

Is it this weekend? I am excited to see pictures already (please share)!!! Razz

Be safe and have lots of fun!!! cheers
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Bonsai in Wales Empty bonsai in wales

Post  paul.spearman Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:27 am

Thanks Tony look what can be done by 3 O.A.P Keith Willson Anne Cambell and Peter Fielding
Kev working on a yew Will working on a hawthorn Bob on a large rock landscape and Alex working on I think a pine plus 60 trees from all over the uk and Kevs yamadori school WOW 2 days of the best bonsai Wales can offer plus new talant compertision
Paul

paul.spearman

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:31 pm

i'm really hoping the event becomes annual - the place looks amazing, the road links are briliant and we got a room at the 5* Celtic Manor (host to the Ryder Cup) for half the listed price using an online booking site. As Tony says communication and information has been brilliant so thanks to the entire organising team. This is the first time I've taken a tree out of my local area to show and I think this will set quite a decent benchmark.

pot was mossed and oiled tonight, tool kit put back together for the New Talent and just a birds nest of wire to find in the garden and untangle tomorrow !! Very Happy

i'm actually getting quite excited !, this is better than Christmas haha

Marcus

marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:44 pm

marcus watts wrote:i'm really hoping the event becomes annual - the place looks amazing, the road links are briliant and we got a room at the 5* Celtic Manor (host to the Ryder Cup) for half the listed price using an online booking site. As Tony says communication and information has been brilliant so thanks to the entire organising team. This is the first time I've taken a tree out of my local area to show and I think this will set quite a decent benchmark.

pot was mossed and oiled tonight, tool kit put back together for the New Talent and just a birds nest of wire to find in the garden and untangle tomorrow !! Very Happy

i'm actually getting quite excited !, this is better than Christmas haha

Marcus

Good luck Marcus with your New Talent competition! Stay calm and dont forget to enjoy yourself, these things dont come down that often and it is over before you know it! Have fun and keep us posted !
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  will baddeley Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:59 am

Good luck with the new talent Marcus. As Hans has already said, stay calm and try to enjoy it. I have the task of carving a lovely 200 year old Hawthorn over the two days but I am sure we will have the chance to chat. Smile
will baddeley
will baddeley

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:49 am

Thanks Hans, I certainly will enjoy every bit of the weekend....thats what it should all be about.

Thanks Will - that sounds good too - I'll be watching closely as I have some very major dead trunk work coming up this winter and I'm going to be looking for a really intricate natural aged finish rather than the often seen 'attack of the bore worm' type of carving - the key hole way of working from the inside interests me, and I know from the pictures of your elms you do this really well.

cheers Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:33 am

Good luck, Marcus.

I may even send a bottle of amber nectar your way if you win.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Bonsai in Wales Empty To Treedwarfer's comment

Post  SebastianRingo Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:28 pm

Must we be this snarky? Can't we raise the level of bonsai awareness & quality without being so negative? A successful & well organized show will draw crowds, no matter where it is held.

Treedwarfer wrote:Take heed Americans: This seems the kind of venue good shows are hosted in throughout Europe. No hospitals, no school halls, no seedy hotels.... Only when bonsai shows are hosted in such quality venues will the public's awareness of good bonsai be raised.

Cymru am byth.

SebastianRingo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next