Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ofbonsai winners

+7
Paul Wheater
John Quinn
caifa
Enrique
Andy Buettner
Robert Steven
Paul Stokes
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ofbonsai winners Empty Re: ofbonsai winners

Post  Paul Stokes Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:56 pm

I have the completed judging sheets in hand, I have compiled the scores, I know who the winners are....
Working on adding scores and comments to the entries before I let the cat out of the bag.
http://ofbonsai.org/contest_contest/ryuga-2012
Paul Stokes
Paul Stokes

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Stokes Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:26 am

And the winners are...

http://ofbonsai.org/Contest-detail/and-the-2012-winners-are

Congratulations to all!
Paul Stokes
Paul Stokes

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:14 am

Paul Stokes wrote:And the winners are...

http://ofbonsai.org/Contest-detail/and-the-2012-winners-are

Congratulations to all!

Congratulation to all the winners !
..and this is the Grand Winner tree by Andy Buettner from Costa Rica who won the free bonsai trip to China. WOW... !!!

ofbonsai winners Lusic110

See the prizes details at : http://ryugabonsaitools.blogspot.com/p/bonsai-contest.html

Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:39 pm

Other winner for the free bonsai trip to the 2013 BCI Convention in China :
http://ryugabonsaitools.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

And be ready to join the new contests to win your free bonsai trip to Puerto Rico :

ofbonsai winners 3012

Last edited by Robert Steven on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

ofbonsai winners Empty My Thanks

Post  Andy Buettner Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:13 am

I would like to express my heart felt thanks to Ryuga Bonsai Tools and Robert Steven. I am extremely happy and excited about the wonderful prizes that you have provided for this contest. The trip to China and the BCI 2013 World Convention is just beyond my dreams, something which otherwise I would never be able to do. I want to say also, and not just because of this contest, but in truth and to my knowledge your tools are the best for the price that are available. I have used them since I found out that they were on the market and since then I don´t buy any other brand. So thank you too for this wonderful service to the bonsai community. For this reason you can understand that the two kits of bonsai tools that you are awarding to me are highly appreciated and treasured gifts. By your wonderful and generous sponsorship of this contest you have made it stand out and shine in the world of Bonsai. I can see that you are also already sponsoring other wonderful contests and recommend that members of the bonsai community participate in them.
I also want to express my sincere appreciation to Paul Stokes for all the work he has put in to organize and make possible this contest. Putting up all the photos and texts as well as the results of the judging doesn´t just happen by chance. This contest has been organized and managed in a very professional manner. I know as well that it requires a lot of time to maintain OfBonsai.org - always with something new.
To the judges, Bill Valavanis, Walter Pall and Prof. Amy Liang, thank you so very much for taking the time to judge and make comments on our work. I consider the judges’ comments one of the most valuable of the prizes, as that helps me learn to improve my bonsai. For I know that even though I have won this contest, I have much to learn in order to improve my art. I have been playing with bonsai for 35 years, but it feels like I am just really beginning to learn the art.
Thank you all so very much from the depths of my heart. May God bless you and your families.
Sincerely,
Andy Buettner

Last edited by Andy Buettner on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:30 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add text)

Andy Buettner

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:08 am

BIG congratulations to Andy and I support what Andy says, the competition was run perfectly and fairly. Paul did a Stirling job of keeping the progress images and text up to date on the site and also keeping those entrants informed at all time.. prompting us when deadlines were looming.

My thanks goes out to all involved and to my fellow competitors... my advice to all would be take part, its great fun and quite challenging.

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:59 am

Andy, I wish you received my email and watch the deadline. Hope to meet you in China.

Tony, nice to meet you in Belgium. Suppose you received my email as well. Check out the new contests to win your free trip to Puerto Rico :

http://ryugabonsaitools.blogspot.com/p/bonsai-contest.html

Once again, Congratulation to all the winners, thanks to Paul and all the judges....
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Enrique Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:31 pm

It was really great to participate in this event, I hope that other will follow its a very good way to push one self to think upon what we are doing and to set some goals. I hope to see more people and learn more from others. I think Andy did a great job. cheers
Enrique

Enrique

Back to top Go down

ofbonsai winners Empty Thank you Ryuga!

Post  caifa Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi all!
My name is Fabio, I write from Italy, and I've just been selected as runner-up winner of "Ryuga 2012 Prize"!! Dance
I really want to share with you my experience..
I attended a bonsai course last autumn in Italy. I didn't have professional tools, so I asked my teacher for some advice to buy some.
Without hesitation he suggested me to buy the best on the market (his exact words): so I bought a couple of Ryuga tools.
In this way I knew about the "Ryuga 2012 Prize" and here I am! I look forward to receive these sets of tools and begin to try them!
Obviously I'm really happy I participated thumbs up
Thank you so much!!
Fabio

caifa

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:06 pm

Congrats to the winners and participants!
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

ofbonsai winners Empty Thanks to Ryuga.

Post  Paul Wheater Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:30 am

Hello.

I'm Paul from Nottingham UK, I have been selected as a runner-up winner of "Ryuga 2012 Prize" and am absolutely delighted.
I have been actively involved in Bonsai for over 15 years, using mostly cheap standard quality tools.
Last year I decided to treat myself to some Professional Quality Tools and bought myself a Branch cutter and Scissors by Ryuga, I have to say that these wonderful tools are by far the best I have ever used, I can't wait for my prizes to come so I can work with them, I have never tried any serious carving before and look forward to using my new tools.

I don't usually enter competitions but on this occasion I am glad that I did and would recommend anybody to do the same.

Thank you Ryuga.

Best Regards.
Paul Wheater.

Paul Wheater

Back to top Go down

ofbonsai winners Empty ofbonsai winners

Post  Frank Beerbaum Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:17 pm

Hello,

I'm Frank from Germany, and I have been selected as the grand winner of "Ruyuga 2012 Prize"! #

It's so great, especially since I'm involed into Bonsai for more than 25 years, but a lot of changes within the last decade meant, that I nearly had to start again in 2012. So I decided to invest in professional qualitiy tools, I bought a couple of these wonderful Ryuga-tools in the last season (with them bonsai is even more fun and I can't wait to see spring again).
I collected the enter form for the competition and sent them, hoping ...

And now I have the chance not only to get more high quality tools, but to go to china to take part in the event and see so many wonderful things, landscape, people and bonsai! I'm very happy and looking forward to this!

Much thanks to Ryuga!
Best regards
Frank Beerbaum
Frank Beerbaum
Frank Beerbaum

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:23 pm

Andy, Frank.. see you in Yangzhou !

ofbonsai winners 20081010
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  dorothy7774 Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:25 pm

Congratulations to all!! Well done!

Best,
Dorothy
dorothy7774
dorothy7774

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:29 pm

Looking forward to your participation on the new contests..Dorothy...
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  PeacefulAres Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:46 pm

That poster is completely insane lol.
PeacefulAres
PeacefulAres

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:01 pm

Robert Steven wrote:Other winner for the free bonsai trip to the 2013 BCI Convention in China :

And be ready to join the new contests to win your free bonsai trip to Puerto Rico :

ofbonsai winners 3012

..can I join on this one Robert? ... Somehow I regret not Joining the first contest Sad . The Phempis materials I prepared are doing well.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:04 pm

Congratulations to all the winners! and participants.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:40 pm

Jun,

You can join the 2013 ofBonsai Contest, but not the other one, sorry.. Evil or Very Mad
BTW, are you coming to the BCI in China ?

Sorry I can not come to Philippine for Feb., but Sonny asks me to come in March/April for Pampanga... bounce
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:24 pm

Robert Steven wrote:Jun,

You can join the 2013 ofBonsai Contest, but not the other one, sorry.. Evil or Very Mad
BTW, are you coming to the BCI in China ?

Sorry I can not come to Philippine for Feb., but Sonny asks me to come in March/April for Pampanga... bounce

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad you broke my heart! hehehe. just kidding.

Yes Robert I am going to China.

With the Feb show...The club is doing the preparation now, mayb next time I'll ask them to book you earlier. and they are heading (I think) for the right direction,,,they are open to new and international type of judging method, Thanks to you!

I'll see on April.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:16 pm

That's great Jun, see you in China, have you registered and booked the hotel ? Maybe we can stay at the same hotel then (please email me).

Thanks for considering me Jun, I will come for pampanga... sunny
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

ofbonsai winners Empty Winner of RYUGA tools

Post  hjjr27707 Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:28 am

I am so grateful to be one of the 4 winners of a set of tools and a carving kit. I received them last week and for a few days just stared at them in amazement. What a beautiful set of tools, and in stainless!! Using the current trendy word, they are "amazing"! Well I finally put them to use, that's what they're for, isn't it?. Superb tools.

I was sold on RYUGA tools when I began using my spherical cutter with the built in spring and pruned and pruned with them. But to get a whole set and in a leather carrying case was overwhelming.

Notice I haven't mentioned the carving set yet. If the hand tool you need isn't in the RYUGA-most-complete-set-you-can-imagine, you have a problem. Can't wait to do some carving - trees with dead wood, you better watch out, here I come.

Robert, thank you and all the RYUGA folks for creating an impressive line of high quality tools. Certainly thanks for my wonderful prize.

Hey out there, if you haven't begun using RYUGA tools, try'm, you'll like'm.

Harold Johnson, NC, USA

hjjr27707

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:47 am

Thanks for your comment Harold.
And this is Andy Buettner from Costa Rica, the Grand Winner who won the free bonsai trip to China, when he received the award in China last week during the BCI Convention.

ofbonsai winners _mg_0410
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:07 am

Looking good and looking forward to receiving my set... If you are in any doubt... ENTER the competition, its fun and a great learning experience

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:06 am

Tony wrote:Looking good and looking forward to receiving my set... If you are in any doubt... ENTER the competition, its fun and a great learning experience

Check yours with Chris of Kyoto, Tony. They should have arrived with the sets for your carving workshop.
Looking forward to see your entry for the contest this year...
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next