Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bonsai dream

+3
Jay Gaydosh
bonsaisr
waway
7 posters

Go down

bonsai dream Empty bonsai dream

Post  waway Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:23 am

Does anyone here knows how to interpret dreams?

I kinda have a "bonsai dream" for two consecutive nights, last night and the night before, and its the same dream. And here's my dream: I just lying on the ground with lots of bonsai materials of different sizes and shapes but it seems that every tree is flat. I mean I haven't seen any tree standing erect like an upright style, all seems to bending to the sides, down or even cut near the base. All of them are very short but with very thick trunks and very crowded on the ground. I was going over the pile of trees and having a hard time finding the one that suits my "taste". And the dream usually ends up me getting hold of a nice tree upright tree, then i woke up and its morning already sunny

What do you guys think the meaning of this dream? Is it good or bad? I hope this is a sign that I am destined to become "a little bonsai artist" Rolling Eyes Laughing

Thanks.

Warren

waway

Back to top Go down

bonsai dream Empty Bonsai Dream

Post  bonsaisr Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:35 pm

I think it means you should have a different bedtime snack. And perhaps you should stick to simple bonsai styles until you master them.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

bonsai dream Empty Re: bonsai dream

Post  Jay Gaydosh Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:44 pm

It means you shouldn't consume massive quantities of alcohol while working with your trees. That way you don't knock your trees over when you pass out, and you don't spend the whole night on the floor! Twisted Evil
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby little Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:43 pm

lack of any upright erect trees? all sounds a bit freudian to me? are you aure your mother didn't turn up in it? was anybody smoking a cigar?
bobby little
bobby little

Back to top Go down

Post  waway Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:22 am

bonsaisr wrote:I think it means you should have a different bedtime snack. And perhaps you should stick to simple bonsai styles until you master them.
Iris

Laughing or may it is what they called a "withdrawal syndrome", I'm kinda remove any solids from my midnight snack and was only taking juices while staring at my trees. Yeah Iris I think your right maybe it was telling me to start with the uprights coz its where my road to bonsai enlightenment will be Wink

waway

Back to top Go down

Post  waway Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:28 am

@jay, maybe somebody put a massive amount of alcohol in my juice jug and I'm seeing the future Laughing
I hope not Crying or Very sad

@bobby, I did see some smoke together with a bright ligth... maybe its a divine intervention from the bonsai god Shocked Laughing

waway

Back to top Go down

Post  rock Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:46 pm

bobby little wrote:lack of any upright erect trees? all sounds a bit freudian to me? are you aure your mother didn't turn up in it? was anybody smoking a cigar?

way way my advice is to see a psychologist ...

or a psychiatrist...

or an arborist...
rock
rock

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:49 pm

Or, a psychotic, psychiatric, arborist! Laughing
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby little Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:39 pm

Rock wrote:
bobby little wrote:lack of any upright erect trees? all sounds a bit freudian to me? are you aure your mother didn't turn up in it? was anybody smoking a cigar?

way way my advice is to see a psychologist ...

or a psychiatrist...

or an arborist...

I am one (well a mental health nurse)
bobby little
bobby little

Back to top Go down

bonsai dream Empty Bonsai Dreams

Post  Robert J. Baran Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:17 pm

Please also see http://www.phoenixbonsai.com/Dreams.html

Dream symbols are extremely personal and particular, despite general and popular dictionaries and beliefs to the contrary. What a "bonsai" actually means in a dream to one of us enthusiasts would be much different than what it would if it even did appear in a dream of a non-enthusiast. What has been your own experience with various trees, styles, compositions, containers, criticism, workshops, sharing of experiences with others, club and show participations, exposures to trees overseas, significant events in your life occurring while you were studying or even reading about bonsai, attempts at propagation, bonsai as gifts to or from others, how and who introduced you to bonsai, other gardening experiences in your life, etc.?

Cordially,

Robert
Robert J. Baran
Robert J. Baran

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:21 pm

Robert, your Phoenix Bonsai site never ceases to amaze me. EVERYTHING is there.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert J. Baran Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:41 pm

Warren,

Regarding your specific dream: to paraphrase a particular Japanese teacher [exact citation escapes me at this moment, sorry], "the formal upright is the first and easiest style to try to do and also the last and hardest style to master. Many artists have spent their whole life trying to end up with a single perfect formal upright tree in their collection." Per your dreams, sir, maybe it is your destiny...

Jim,

Thank-you. Please continue to spread the word. I still have a lot of great info to put up on the site, especially with the ongoing help of our community.
Robert J. Baran
Robert J. Baran

Back to top Go down

Post  waway Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:59 pm

Rock and Jay, I would definitely choose arborist (the psychotic one) Wink

Robert, the link you've given is very nice. In a way it has given me some enlightenment and also your interpretation of my dream. Yes I will do my best to learn the art. Thank you.

waway

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down