Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas ornaments on a Fukien Tea Tree?

4 posters

Go down

Christmas ornaments on a Fukien Tea Tree? Empty Christmas ornaments on a Fukien Tea Tree?

Post  nyxm Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:30 am

So I came home from work one day to find this on my kitchen table (mind you, I already had the tree, just not the "accessories"):

Christmas ornaments on a Fukien Tea Tree? Christ10

I thought it looked festive, but was wondering if it would in any way be detrimentral to the tree. Thanks in advance!

nyxm

Back to top Go down

Christmas ornaments on a Fukien Tea Tree? Empty Re: Christmas ornaments on a Fukien Tea Tree?

Post  Guest Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:08 am

Merry Christmas!

Fiona???? Wink hehe! ( I sent Fiona a PM about Christmas theme)

Your tree looks happy BTW. Nice.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Christmas ornaments on a Fukien Tea Tree? Empty Re: Christmas ornaments on a Fukien Tea Tree?

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:37 am

Being on the kitchen table for very long will kill the tree, the ornaments will work like wire to pull the branches down, that is a good thing.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:27 pm

I had a mugho pine that did the same every year for Christmas in Firenze.
Merry Christmas!

Fukien tea needs very bright light or sun to really thrive.
Later.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  nyxm Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:24 pm

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:Being on the kitchen table for very long will kill the tree, the ornaments will work like wire to pull the branches down, that is a good thing.

I have plenty of light coming inside from a sliding glass door next to the table. Is a lack of light what you were referring to that would kill the tree? I actually had to add a Serissa to the compost barrel just this morning (finally dried out completely and left me with no hope of reviving it). I believe that was due to a lack of light, but it was in a different location.

nyxm

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:13 pm

It is not just light. It has to do with air also. Usually our homes are dryer than outdoors and watering doesn't help. Air movement is also important. Your plant doesn't look that healthy as it is.
If you can't have the tree outdoors, put it near a south window and open the the window a little.
The Fukien tree can't stand freezing but otherwise mine is outdoors.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:06 pm

I don't think the decorations will do anything at all, including weighing the branches down. They're probably made of plastic and are too light to pull the branches down. I don't see any harm they could do.

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Ryan wrote:I don't think the decorations will do anything at all, including weighing the branches down. They're probably made of plastic and are too light to pull the branches down. I don't see any harm they could do.

Doesn't really matter, if he leaves it there it will be toast by Christmas.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down