Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Collecting stones in the wild in Albuquerque, NM???

3 posters

Go down

Collecting stones in the wild in Albuquerque, NM??? Empty Collecting stones in the wild in Albuquerque, NM???

Post  DenisL Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi there, I travel a lot for my work and this week I am in ABQ, NM with possibly Saturday available for personal time. Does anyone know of any areas in the greater ABQ area that has potential for collecting? Rio Grande? Arroyo? Down south in Socorro? Any ideas? Just a query if someone know of a place. Thank you for sharing if you do!!!
DenisL
DenisL

Back to top Go down

Collecting stones in the wild in Albuquerque, NM??? Empty Re: Collecting stones in the wild in Albuquerque, NM???

Post  dick benbow Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:31 pm

Was hopeful you'd find someone who might guide you around. make a note of my availability if your ever up in the seattle area.
Would be delighted to meet you and make a few trips. Best here in august/september when river flows are low but I have a decent beach to hit at odd times during low tide. i'd also like to get you up to the collection of bonsai at Weyerhaeuser. Our club (suiseki) just took down our month long display up there this past monday. nice to have my stone back home. SmileCollecting stones in the wild in Albuquerque, NM??? Img_2610
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Collecting stones in the wild in Albuquerque, NM??? Empty Oh ya I've been there

Post  stonener Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:17 pm

Hey D!
Try Jemez(hay-mess) State Park,
area called "Battle ship rock"
nice basalt material, river polished stuff.
check "travelingmom.com" for tips.
be prepared, crow bar, backpack, food & water... Basketball

stonener

Back to top Go down

Collecting stones in the wild in Albuquerque, NM??? Empty Re: Collecting stones in the wild in Albuquerque, NM???

Post  DenisL Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:30 pm

I ended up not having much time on Saturday as I expected. I had to finish up a project with the team in the morning and only had a few hours in the afternoon. I went to Bernalillo and was going north along the Rio Grande towards Jemez Springs, but it started to get dark...I found one interesting stone. Not a suiseki by any means, but a interesting stone. I will post some pictures from home...
DenisL
DenisL

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down