Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Root stimulator" product, dose it really work ?

+7
drgonzo
JimLewis
coh
dick benbow
Poink88
Billy M. Rhodes
efishn
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

"Root stimulator" product, dose it really work ? - Page 2 Empty Re: "Root stimulator" product, dose it really work ?

Post  coh Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:49 pm

Good luck with the juniper. It might be helpful if you post some updated photos. Has the yellowing/drying progressed throughout the entire plant? Is there any healthy active growth at all?

If I was desperate to save a plant like this, I'd probably try some superthrive or HB101, at least those have been used and recommended by other bonsai growers. Plus the cost is much more reasonable.
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

"Root stimulator" product, dose it really work ? - Page 2 Empty Re: "Root stimulator" product, dose it really work ?

Post  Poink88 Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:51 pm

Well, do what you feel is needed.

Just a similar experience I'll share.
I dug an azalea about 3 months ago. It showed buds a month later but stopped and started dying about 2 months ago. I bagged the whole plant to increase humidity and it seemed to work (note, it is in a shaded area with possibly 3 hours of morning sun exposure). Today, several shoots are about 4" long. The bag is removed already. Not totally out of the woods yet but I believe the bag (= higher humidity) helped a lot. Maybe you can do the same?

God luck!
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:52 pm

coh wrote:If I was desperate to save a plant like this, I'd probably try some superthrive or HB101, at least those have been used and recommended by other bonsai growers. Plus the cost is much more reasonable.
If I am in your situation...this is what I'll do and stir away from the magical potion Wink
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  coh Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:55 pm

The bag is a good suggestion (provided it's not a fungal problem), I almost wrote that as well.
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

Post  efishn Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:06 pm

coh wrote:Has the yellowing/drying progressed throughout the entire plant? Is there any healthy active growth at all?

If I was desperate to save a plant like this, I'd probably try some superthrive or HB101

Thank u Coh,

yes, the drying progressed throughout the entire plant. and no active growth at all.
i don't know what those "superthrive or HB101" but i'm going to check and find it in our stores - thx.

efishn
efishn

Back to top Go down

Post  efishn Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:07 pm

coh wrote:The bag is a good suggestion (provided it's not a fungal problem), I almost wrote that as well.

already tried that.... Crying or Very sad
efishn
efishn

Back to top Go down

Post  coh Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:12 pm

efishn wrote:
coh wrote:Has the yellowing/drying progressed throughout the entire plant? Is there any healthy active growth at all?

If I was desperate to save a plant like this, I'd probably try some superthrive or HB101

Thank u Coh,

yes, the drying progressed throughout the entire plant. and no active growth at all.
i don't know what those "superthrive or HB101" but i'm going to check and find it in our stores - thx.

Sorry to hear that...it's probably too late, unfortunately. Some trees just don't survive the collection process.
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:55 pm

efishn wrote:

Thank u Coh,

Hi again Efishn,
on a more serious note: If you want to start to use one off the above in the future, than go for HB101, I know it is used by a lot of successful bonsai growers and by 2 renowned Bonsai centers. I know for sure of two yamadori collectors who use it with great sucses on their freshly collected Pines, Picea's and Larch. They were it who recommended it to me a few years ago and I have used it for two years now and all my trees are doing real fine and some even great! But I have improved my feeding regime as well during those years I used it, so I can not say that the use of HB101 is responsible or partly responsible for the improvement in health and vigor of my trees!
But if you want me to be honest, I think that your tree can not be saved anymore by HB101 or anything simulare like that. The bag would be my option as well and you already tried that, so I think that only time and the will to live can safe this one!
Good luck any way!

cheers,
Hans van Meer.

Last edited by Hans van Meer. on Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Pressler Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:22 pm

Sorry to say but if it's dry throughout the plant it's more then likely dead and no amount of superthrive, hb101 or magic is going to bring it back.
Collecting a juniper in May in Israel is probably pretty close to a death sentence.
Bob Pressler
Bob Pressler

Back to top Go down

Post  efishn Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:54 am

Bob Pressler wrote:Sorry to say but if it's dry throughout the plant it's more then likely dead and no amount of superthrive, hb101 or magic is going to bring it back.
Collecting a juniper in May in Israel is probably pretty close to a death sentence.

hi,
We had 2 options: to collect it and try, or leave it to die. so .... we tried.

thx for the info.

Efi

efishn
efishn

Back to top Go down

Post  efishn Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:59 am

Hans van Meer. wrote:so I think that only time and the will to live can safe this one!
Hans van Meer.

Hi Hans van Meer,

thank u for your help and info.

Regards,
Efi

efishn
efishn

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:52 pm

We had 2 options: to collect it and try, or leave it to die. so .... we tried.

. . . and it died, anyway. I'm sorry that it died, but we've all lost trees we cared about (if only because it was so damned much work to dig them up in the first place.

I suggest you move on. Juniper don't spring back to life.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2