Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It called to me from a dusty shelf

3 posters

Go down

It called to me from a dusty shelf Empty It called to me from a dusty shelf

Post  dick benbow Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:25 pm

I found this scaled down model decoy of a loon yesterday. I was off on my annual trek checking out all the good will stores, st vinnies etc. Normally I never find anything, but I've lerned if you don't go, you'll never know.... I picture this in my ALCOVE along with a scroll of a lake surrounded by mountains and a nice white pine. I've contacted an artist friend to begin the thought process
to make such a scene. I'm hopeful she can make the scene erie looking with fog rolling off the lake. I can almost imagine the haunting call of the loon. They were asking 20 bucks and i offered 15.It called to me from a dusty shelf Img_0510It called to me from a dusty shelf Img_2619
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

It called to me from a dusty shelf Empty Re: It called to me from a dusty shelf

Post  Adam_San Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:29 am

Lovely. My grandfather used to own a couple of these when he lived in the backwoods cabin. Growing up around them, I kind of took it for granted. Taking a second look, I realize how beautiful they are - props to you for the great find.
Adam_San
Adam_San

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:43 pm

The antique store i found the loon at also had a decent mallard duck but had a few chips of color off the head so passed on it.[img][/img]It called to me from a dusty shelf Img_2710
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Adam_San Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:49 pm

Is this the scroll/painting by your artist friend? Very cool concept. Loons have one of the most beautiful calls I've ever heard.
Adam_San
Adam_San

Back to top Go down

Post  kora Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:42 am

love the concept, but would suggest a different jita for the loon, too many hard edges for me-but again, I really like the concept,kora

kora

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:23 pm

Always appreciate your thoughts,Kora...thanks Smile
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down