Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BSOB Bus Trip

2 posters

Go down

BSOB Bus Trip Empty BSOB Bus Trip

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:27 pm

Is this a great Bonsai Club or what. For 7/14/2012 the Bonsai Society of Brevard has rented a bus that will take us from Palm Bay, FL on a day trip to tour bonsai sites. The cost is $20 per person, with the club picking up the rest of the cost. Lunch is included. We have done this before, but I have not been in a while so I am really looking forward to it. (Miami Tropical Bonsai, H&F Imports and Dragon Tree Bonsai)

Last edited by Billy M. Rhodes on Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected spelling)
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

BSOB Bus Trip Empty Re: BSOB Bus Trip

Post  Poink88 Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:33 pm

Wow, I wish other bonsai clubs do the same. Sounds fun! ThumbsUp
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:29 am

Well the trip was yesterday and I took a few photos. We had a bus load of about 40 people. Left about 7 AM got back about 8 PM. visited three Bonsai sites. Miami Tropical Bonsai in Goulds, FL an agricultural area south west of Miami, H&F Imports in Davie, FL just west of the Ft. Lauderdale Airport and Dragon Tree Bonsai in Palm City, FL, near Jupiter.
BSOB Bus Trip Img_9213
Miami Tropical Bonsai is a full service Bonsai nursery with plants, pots, soil, tools, fertilizer, etc.
BSOB Bus Trip Img_9214
H&F is a direct importer from China, a Bonsai container candy store. He also has plants and tools.
BSOB Bus Trip Img_9215
Dragon Tree is a small family operation with material that is different from a lot of the other bonsai nurseries.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:30 am

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:BSOB Bus Trip Img_9215
Dragon Tree is a small family operation with material that is different from a lot of the other bonsai nurseries.
Nice trees. Some of the stacked cinder stands look very unstable and an accident waiting to happen.
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:20 am

Some of the stacked cinder stands look very unstable and an accident waiting to happen.

I also use cinder block but stacked flat, not on end. It does look unstable, but easily taken down and moved. If I know we have a hurricane on the way, I take mine down and put everything on the ground.

Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down