Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creating true windswept the easy way

+7
Todd Ellis
marcus watts
0soyoung
lennard
fiona
Sakaki
Sam Ogranaja
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Creating true windswept the easy way Empty Creating true windswept the easy way

Post  Guest Fri May 11, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi IBC!

I read from several books that creating a true windswept bonsai is not an easy task! it should involve rhythm, Dynamics of art,,, mind, body and soul etc, etc,,,,

I said to my self, what the heck are they trying to say, i'ts so easy!!! see example below. hehehehehehehehe!!!! Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz hehehehe!

Before
Creating true windswept the easy way Dsc_1936

During
Creating true windswept the easy way Dsc_1080

After
Creating true windswept the easy way Dsc_1081

regards,
jun Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Creating true windswept the easy way Empty Re: Creating true windswept the easy way

Post  Sam Ogranaja Fri May 11, 2012 2:55 pm

I'm trying that as soon as I get home. LOL.

Great job Jun!!!
Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Creating true windswept the easy way Empty Re: Creating true windswept the easy way

Post  Guest Fri May 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Sam Ogranaja wrote:I'm trying that as soon as I get home. LOL.

Great job Jun!!!
Sam

Ok Sam.

One of the secret is-----take a deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppp breath!

hehehe,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakaki Fri May 11, 2012 3:15 pm

Hey Jun,

Look at the following material and tell me is it a piece of cake in this concern? Suspect

Creating true windswept the easy way Cali_010

Creating true windswept the easy way Cali_011

cheers
Taner
Sakaki
Sakaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 11, 2012 3:56 pm

Hi Taner,

...it depends on how hard you can blow! (I mean- the act of producing gust of wind from the mouth Razz ).

Seriously though Taner. I think it can be a candidate, but you got to figure it out from the beginning or the initial styling...because the initial branches is very crutial for developing windswept style.

regards,
jun Very Happy

PS. for you Taner...
A very simple straight lined trunk without any character, with a very ugly base, your material is much better than this.
Creating true windswept the easy way Dsc_1937

Creating true windswept the easy way Dsc_2016

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakaki Fri May 11, 2012 4:05 pm

I think all the branches with leaves (except for 3-4 thick branches at the center - not visible easily on this image) need to get thicken more I think! They are still too fresh!
(I mean my material)
I plan to work on it after this summer.
P.S.: Do we have to use only our mouth to blow and create a wind effect? I want to give more powerful wind effect! lol!

Taner
Sakaki
Sakaki

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Fri May 11, 2012 5:22 pm

I'm seriously struggling not to make comments about Jun and his wind problem here. Mad

Two wee questions:

What species of tree is it Jun?
Did you defoliate it to do the branch placement or are the pictures showing different periods in time?

I like it.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  lennard Fri May 11, 2012 6:00 pm

Love it!

Lennard
lennard
lennard

Back to top Go down

Post  0soyoung Fri May 11, 2012 7:03 pm

Thank you!

Very amusing.

Very creative.
0soyoung
0soyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Fri May 11, 2012 11:04 pm

Creating true windswept the easy way Guff110

wind can blow from many directions !

marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 12, 2012 12:26 am

marcus watts wrote:Creating true windswept the easy way Guff110

wind can blow from many directions !

marcus

......EWWWWWWWW! that is so disgusting Marcus. LOL. I'll ask the mods next time if I am allowed to show pictures of the "DURING" using this technique. I believe this is already a master class/level technique. hehehe.

regards,
jun Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 12, 2012 12:31 am

Fiona,
Thanks!

I defoliate the tree to show the branch structure. It is best shown during the initial few days when the buds are just popping out.

the specie BTW is Philippine ficus-"Ficus philippinensis"

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 12, 2012 12:33 am

Lenard and Osoyoung,

Thanks Guys!

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Sat May 12, 2012 1:10 am

Too funny... lol!
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  CraftyTanuki Sat May 12, 2012 1:39 am

Looks great Jun, how many ficus do you have in your collection???
CraftyTanuki
CraftyTanuki

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Sat May 12, 2012 7:50 am

jun wrote:......EWWWWWWWW! that is so disgusting Marcus. LOL. I'll ask the mods next time if I am allowed to show pictures of the "DURING" using this technique. I believe this is already a master class/level technique. hehehe.
regards,
jun Razz

hahah, yes that would be funny -but please begin with the spicy curry recipe needed for best results - and a video would be good Very Happy action shots !!!

always smiling,

regards Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Thomas Sat May 12, 2012 3:06 pm

Marcus
Very, very, funny. But I think your illustration is for creating DEADWOOD.... Hehe!

Mitch

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Sat May 12, 2012 5:53 pm

Mitch Thomas wrote:Marcus
Very, very, funny. But I think your illustration is for creating DEADWOOD.... Hehe!

Mitch

LOL.........excelent Mitch, yes i guess it is - (I could not find any ancient pictures with living trees in Very Happy)

Funny thing is I am styling a tree called "a change in the wind" to show to Jun, but i cant take it seriously now !! Very Happy Very Happy the title "backdraft" will always come to mind jocolor

cheers everyone,
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Creating true windswept the easy way Empty Blow..

Post  dorothy7774 Sat May 12, 2012 7:52 pm

I use it all the time..for some reason the branches aren't staying in a windswept position.. Laughing

Creating true windswept the easy way Blow10

dorothy7774
dorothy7774

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakaki Sat May 12, 2012 11:51 pm

Mitch Thomas wrote:Marcus

Mitch

You are right Mitch!
Here is a deadwood method Very Happy

Creating true windswept the easy way Fart-t10
Sakaki
Sakaki

Back to top Go down

Creating true windswept the easy way Empty Blow..

Post  will baddeley Sat May 12, 2012 11:57 pm

Had a go at this style a couple of months ago and entered into the spirit of things with both body and soul. I think at times though, we can give a little too much of our soul. Smile

Been my Avatar for a couple of months but no one noticed Very Happy

Last edited by will baddeley on Sun May 13, 2012 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
will baddeley
will baddeley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakaki Sun May 13, 2012 12:05 am

will baddeley wrote:

Very Happy
I really just noticed Very Happy
Sakaki
Sakaki

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Sun May 13, 2012 8:08 am

will baddeley wrote:

haha - we noticed............but thought it was the first picture in the 'advanced progression' of your elm deadwood.

Virtually the whole set of these paintings showed up on a blog of somebodies a few months ago....they are funny.

marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 13, 2012 12:58 pm

dorothy7774 wrote:I use it all the time..for some reason the branches aren't staying in a windswept position.. Laughing

Creating true windswept the easy way Blow10

...There is a product called "branch hair spray super hold" try it next time Dorothy it might work Very Happy

...Avoid using the seemingly hightech "bonsai widswept creating super equipment" for the folks watching at home, Dorothy and I won't hold any responsibility if some trees turned- "well done" tree.

I have the same bonsai equipment but I upgraded it to Max capacity...hehehe.
Creating true windswept the easy way Dsc_1090

regards,
jun pirat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 13, 2012 1:02 pm

Master class indeed!!!!! I feel very humbled. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next