Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013

+3
Russell Coker
RKatzin
pongsatorn.k
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 Empty New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013

Post  pongsatorn.k Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:26 pm

Hello, Very Happy

I'm got this "Boulevard Cypress" at a gardenner shop@Chiangmai-Thailand last month ago... , it cost is only ten dollar!, crazy? hehehe. you are didn't often find a conifer like this if you are live in Thailand Laughing .

New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 Sam_3710

it's rootage... Umm not bad for me, like I said... conifer are hard to find in Thailand (in size)Crying or Very sad

New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 Sam_3711

after few hour of wireing (not crave it's deadwood yet) this is the result What a Face
now, it's hight is 35 CM from the pot lip to this tree taper.

New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 Sam_3712

UPDATE 9/6/12

few day ago, I have working for remove wires and make shari-jin. this tree grow well as I cant image before Very Happy

New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 Sam_4310

New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 Sam_4311

New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 Sam_4312

New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 Sam_4313

New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 Sam_4314

New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 Sam_4315

New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 Sam_4316

New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 Sam_4317

All next update will post on the last page

Thank you for looking, all openions are welcome
Pongsatorn.K

Last edited by pongsatorn.k on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:35 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : update)
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 Empty Re: New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013

Post  RKatzin Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:57 pm

Hi Pongsatorn, This is a nice starter tree, but I do not believe it is a Juniper. It was likely mislabled as a Blue Star Juniper. It is, I believe, a Chamaecyparis pisifera Boulevard, commonly called Boulevard Cypress. Blue Star Juniper is very stiff stemmed and prickly to the touch. Rick
RKatzin
RKatzin

Back to top Go down

New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 Empty Re: New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013

Post  pongsatorn.k Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:05 pm

RKatzin wrote:Hi Pongsatorn, This is a nice starter tree, but I do not believe it is a Juniper. It was likely mislabled as a Blue Star Juniper. It is, I believe, a Chamaecyparis pisifera Boulevard, commonly called Boulevard Cypress. Blue Star Juniper is very stiff stemmed and prickly to the touch. Rick

Thank you Very Happy

I read a references from the Thailand gardenner book ... maybe that book is confuse... can you show me of the Chamaecyparis pisifera Boulevard foliage?

thank you again, I saw the light Very Happy
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  RKatzin Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:32 pm

This is a Boulevard CypressNew Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 Boulav10
this is a Blue Star Juniper
New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 Hpim0610
Note the feathery foliage on the Cypress compared to the stiff fingers of the Juniper
RKatzin
RKatzin

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:37 pm

RKatzin wrote:This is a Boulevard CypressNew Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 Boulav10
this is a Blue Star Juniper
New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 Hpim0610
Note the feathery foliage on the Cypress compared to the stiff fingers of the Juniper

Oh... you are right! it is true Very Happy can me rename this topic Very Happy

Thank you.
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:50 pm

What's your weather like? They are miserable here in hot humid south Alabama. One of my favorites, I hope it does well for you in Chiang mai.
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  RKatzin Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:51 pm

You are welcome Pongsatorn, and you can consider yourself lucky, as the Blue Star, and I hate to say this because someone will post a pic of a nice one, is one of the lesser desirable trees for bonsai. At least I can say I've had enough difficulties with them that I have them in my, 'not to be bothered with', catagory for now.
RKatzin
RKatzin

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:57 pm

Russell Coker wrote:

What's your weather like? They are miserable here in hot humid south Alabama. One of my favorites, I hope it does well for you in Chiang mai.

I would be surprised if it thrives under Bonsai culture. I have tried them here on the Florida Space Coast and they don't make it. Too hot and humid in the summer and without a winter dormant period. But I wish you luck and keep us posted.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:59 pm

Russell Coker wrote:

Thank you very much Very Happy
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:01 pm

RKatzin wrote:You are welcome Pongsatorn, and you can consider yourself lucky, as the Blue Star, and I hate to say this because someone will post a pic of a nice one, is one of the lesser desirable trees for bonsai. At least I can say I've had enough difficulties with them that I have them in my, 'not to be bothered with', catagory for now.

Thank you sir, Very Happy
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:08 pm

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:
Russell Coker wrote:

I would be surprised if it thrives under Bonsai culture. I have tried them here on the Florida Space Coast and they don't make it. Too hot and humid in the summer and without a winter dormant period. But I wish you luck and keep us posted.

Thank you Billy,

you are my teacher for "care conifer on hot climate" so thank alot... Very Happy

so... any juniper and cypress that not suitable for Thailand climate... but love is love. with billy advise, now we can grow black pine in Chiangmai and Bangkok Very Happy
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:18 pm

we have success with the many variations of Chinese Juniper. BTW, Boulevard Cypress is not a true cypress. The Bald Cypress that thrives here in Florida might do well for you, you just have to keep them wet.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:32 pm

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:we have success with the many variations of Chinese Juniper. BTW, Boulevard Cypress is not a true cypress. The Bald Cypress that thrives here in Florida might do well for you, you just have to keep them wet.

where to find the Bald Cypress sir? Very Happy
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  RKatzin Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:59 pm

Hi all, one of my favorite pastimes is deciphering names and I found this little tidbit concerning this tree: The Greek 'chamae' means, 'on the ground'.... 'Cyparis' derives from Cyparissus,, the youth who, overcome with grief at having killed Apollo's favorite stag, was consoled by being transformed by the gods into a cypress. So the name means Cyparissus on the ground. I had thought that the name meant simply false cypress, the 'chamae' being derived from camouflage and cyparis for cypress. Why Cyparissus on the ground? Could it be because this tree, unlike most conifers, retains its branches all the way to the ground? Curious in Oregon-Rick
RKatzin
RKatzin

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:08 pm

I'm thanks you alot Very Happy

OK sir... now we know it is not Juniper... , OK about my styleing Very Happy

what are you think?
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:24 pm

I missed the second photo of the styled tree, I think you have a good start, wait and see what the tree says.

As to Bald Cypress, check on line for either seedlings or even seeds. Although seeds take more time, Bald Cypress can grow quickly if well carred for.

Last edited by Billy M. Rhodes on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong information)
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:33 pm

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:Less foliage, so the trunk can be seen and more wire to place branches.

As to Bald Cypress, check on line for either seedlings or even seeds. Although seeds take more time, Bald Cypress can grow quickly if well carred for.

Thank you Billy, so... in hot place like Thailand... less foliages than that mean less posible life on conifer... so I'm will plan to cut it soon if it is can alive Very Happy

regard,
Pongsatorn.K
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:39 pm

pongsatorn.k wrote:
Billy M. Rhodes wrote:Less foliage, so the trunk can be seen and more wire to place branches.

Thank you Billy, so... in hot place like Thailand... less foliages than that mean less posible life on conifer... so I'm will plan to cut it soon if it is can alive Very Happy

regard,
Pongsatorn.K

I corrected my post, leave the tree alone for now.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:50 pm

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:
pongsatorn.k wrote:

regard,
Pongsatorn.K

I corrected my post, leave the tree alone for now.

yes sir, wait for the nature do it. Very Happy for the hot climate, Conifer is not easy for me... hehe it is not Ficus What a Face
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:45 am

[quote="RKatzin"]You are welcome Pongsatorn, and you can consider yourself lucky, as the Blue Star, and I hate to say this because someone will post a pic of a nice one, is one of the lesser desirable trees for bonsai. At least I can say I've had enough difficulties with them that I have them in my, 'not to be bothered with', catagory for now.[/quoteNew Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 Img_1220
Hello
Last year picture.
Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:27 am

[quote="sunip"]
RKatzin wrote:You are welcome Pongsatorn, and you can consider yourself lucky, as the Blue Star, and I hate to say this because someone will post a pic of a nice one, is one of the lesser desirable trees for bonsai. At least I can say I've had enough difficulties with them that I have them in my, 'not to be bothered with', catagory for now.[/quoteNew Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 Img_1220
Hello
Last year picture.
Sunip Wink

Wow very nice!!! Very Happy Thank you!
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  Cees Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:51 pm

I Like this tree Sunnip bud to me it will look even better without the four (or even more) lowers branches.
Sorry, off topic..

Greetings
Cees.
Cees
Cees

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:30 pm

Hello Cees and Pongsatorn.k
Thanks Cees.
In the bonsai page on 12 july 2011 this possibility has been discussed,
so in a way it is maybe helpful here because there the subjekt was a sawara as well.
Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  boon Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:42 am

here is the one i take care of for my customer. these picture are from march 2010
New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 P1010910

New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 P1010911

New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 P1010912

New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 Blvdfi10
boon
boon

Back to top Go down

Post  boon Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:46 am

this year 2012, it is repotted again into a new pot. owner decided to jin one of the front branches. i have to turn the front about 15 degree. he bought a new chinese pot. we thought it might be too big. but after we tested it. it looks very good. we think.

New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 Blvdcp10

New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 Blvdcy10

New Boulevard Cypress, UPDATE 12/3/2013 Blvd_c10
boon
boon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next