Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ulmus fantasy style by law and vev

+7
vev
Peter E.
-Tony-
AlainK
AdamJonas
jrodriguez
cram
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ulmus fantasy style by law and vev - Page 2 Empty Re: ulmus fantasy style by law and vev

Post  AlainK Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:31 pm

I would see it with more "empty" spaces, for instance:

ulmus fantasy style by law and vev - Page 2 P1010931m

AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

ulmus fantasy style by law and vev - Page 2 Empty Re: ulmus fantasy style by law and vev

Post  cram Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:51 pm

thank you for your comment alain Wink
cram
cram

Back to top Go down

Post  vev Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:54 am

yep!ulmus fantasy style by law and vev - Page 2 409410
vev
vev

Back to top Go down

Post  vev Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:43 am

octopusulmus fantasy style by law and vev - Page 2 409510
vev
vev

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:40 am

This skinny one in the green pot is amazing. What a feeling it evokes. The pot works perfectly with it including the little ornamental feet.
Where did the pot come from.
cram wrote:[img]ulmus fantasy style by law and vev - Page 2 P1010932[/img]
[img]ulmus fantasy style by law and vev - Page 2 P1010933[/img]

I like them all. The twisted branches though will commit you to life time of wiring and pruning, but that's what its all about.
Have you seen my Ficus Microcarpa I call the Kracken? I just defoliated it and if I can find time will take a photo. Similar concept.

Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  cram Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:38 pm

thank you herve to help me to see further Wink

thank you also rob for the kind words....
the pot is a japanese pot (a gift from my little daughter alien )...with a lovely stamp in japanese (the traduction is suppose to be "made in seto maruhachi")
[img]ulmus fantasy style by law and vev - Page 2 Hgfuj10[/img]

maybe celadon or porcelaine...
i just hope it will resist to the cold next winter

i will look for your kracken tongue
cram
cram

Back to top Go down

Post  cram Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:14 pm

up
[img]ulmus fantasy style by law and vev - Page 2 P1040310[/img]
[img]ulmus fantasy style by law and vev - Page 2 P1040311[/img]
[img]ulmus fantasy style by law and vev - Page 2 P1040312[/img]
[img]ulmus fantasy style by law and vev - Page 2 P1040313[/img]
cram
cram

Back to top Go down

Post  BonsaiJim Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:09 pm

Great stuff! It is certainly challenging your artistic horizon. I have done a lot of this with junipers and ficus. Received the same comments about exaggerated curves and bends. Over time they "grow into them" and if you apply more traditional Japanese styling to them they become interesting pieces.
BonsaiJim
BonsaiJim

Back to top Go down

Post  cram Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:23 pm

thanks jim for the answer Wink
and we are totally agree about the fact that with a wiser and classiquer shape of the branches they ll look more "readable"
and i made also some with hard curves of trunk and classics branches shapes...it looks very well
and after they re accepted easily by other bonsaikas Razz
but these ones are to go fully in the style drunken ..they ll mabe change a lot in the future by adding expending branches and little worlds

up for this one
[img]ulmus fantasy style by law and vev - Page 2 P1040316[/img]
cram
cram

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi Cram

You really have your own artist style..and it is easy to see, you have a lot of fun with it too. The owerall shape of the trees is nice.
Look forward to see how you will continue them in the future...please give update.

The last tree look pretty in/with the pot Smile

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakaki Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:22 pm

Hi Cram

I agree with majority that you are performing an excellent art on trees.
Regardless of what bonsai rules say, I like your artistic styles with enhanced aesthetics!
It should be called something else! Does Cramistic Style fit? Smile
Keep going on your way please thumbs up

Taner
Sakaki
Sakaki

Back to top Go down

Post  cram Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:54 pm

wow...
thank you very much!... that is very kind

but as i wrote in the title ...i learned this style from laurent darrieux and herve dora...they are both my teatchers
this style is their style...i only try to copy them as well as i can Embarassed
and i know they have quiet a lot more talent than me

actually i still don t understand why they still not have been contacted by the biggests european bonsai exhibitions to make demos scratch
of this style or another.... i really think they work as well as the best europeans demonsstrators
the ones who will call them will be really happy to did it ...i bet on it

anyway thank you for the sweet words sunny
cram
cram

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Schordje Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:41 pm

Just found this post, wow, these are very interesting trees. I like them. In part I like them for the exaggeration of style. The first one, has matured nicely in the 2012 images. The wild twisting is really cool. With leaves it is easier to look at than without. Nice.

The single elegantly twisted whip in the green pot is really inspired. Very nice. Do you have updates on all of these for 2013?
Leo Schordje
Leo Schordje

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:16 pm

I don't like it that much as it is now, but it's still in training so maybe I'll change my mind some day : "Il n'y a que les imbéciles qui ne changent jamais d'opinion"... Wink

So far, to me it looks shapeless though it probably has an interest in the winter. And I love "Chinese" bonsai, which are usually apparently more "freestyle" than traditional Japanese or European trees, but the various attemps that Laurent, Hervé and their followers are trying have not really convinced me so far, even if I praise any attempt to get off the trodden paths.

But I place a lot more hope on an elm styled this way than on a maple for instance. So, keep working, and don't botherr too much if anyone doesn't agree - but I hate when a thread is only praises when I think differently. So far, I think I've kept the balance, and I'm trying my best not to be offensive any more Cool
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:16 am

Any update on that butterton elm?...
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2