Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An art project I've been working on

+4
JimLewis
John Quinn
rock
Kev Bailey
8 posters

Go down

An art project I've been working on Empty An art project I've been working on

Post  Kev Bailey Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:58 pm

I've been putting together an ecommerce website for a friend of mine. Her husband is into bonsai and it shows in some of her work. Lots of tree related contemporary artwork and some directly inspired by bonsai or bonsai features. http://www.lighthouseartgallery.co.uk/

I'd value any observations or constructive criticism of the Lighthouse Art Gallery site.

Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

An art project I've been working on Empty Re: An art project I've been working on

Post  rock Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:13 pm

Nice Work Kev, Very clean and light. I like it.
Very Happy
rock
rock

Back to top Go down

An art project I've been working on Empty Re: An art project I've been working on

Post  John Quinn Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:59 pm

Looks good, Kev!
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:21 pm

NOT my style of art, but nice, easy-to-navigate site, Kev.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:30 pm

Kev Bailey wrote:I've been putting together an ecommerce website for a friend of mine. Her husband is into bonsai and it shows in some of her work. Lots of tree related contemporary artwork and some directly inspired by bonsai or bonsai features. http://www.lighthouseartgallery.co.uk/

I'd value any observations or constructive criticism of the Lighthouse Art Gallery site.

I like the art and I like your design for this website! Easy to use and pretty! This is how a good website should look, especially in comparison to mine! Smile I wish I was clever enough to build me one! Embarassed
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:42 pm

It would be that the one I like the best is 15,000 pounds.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesse Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:29 pm

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:It would be that the one I like the best is 15,000 pounds.

Haha....of course Smile
Jesse
Jesse

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:55 pm

Very nice website. Clean, easy to navigate, and very good layout (although the art is not to my taste).

Regards
Morten

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:25 pm

Nice work, but to my mind, it could be improved Wink

I'll PM you.

Alain
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:47 pm

I really appreciate all of your kind comments, but Alain's PM'd suggestions are exactly what I wanted/needed. Any improvements can obviously only make the site better and that is what I want to achieve.

The artwork shown so far is mostly commercial and is not representative of her work as a whole. The detailed figurative lifesize paintings, in Pre Raphaelite inspired style, have to be seen up-close to be believed.

I'm looking forward now to seeing how the new gallery is received by visitors this weekend.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down