Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Bonsai

+6
Billy M. Rhodes
AdamG
drgonzo
jonkatzmail
JimLewis
Faedother
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New to Bonsai - Page 2 Empty Re: New to Bonsai

Post  Faedother Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:18 pm

That is a very good point. I never thought of that.... hmmm.... I will have to consider that possibility.

Faedother

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:43 am

I am afraid that for an interior office with the typical office's dry, stale, air "conditioned" environment, poor circulation and constant temperatures (except perhaps for weekends, when the interior temperatures may suggest the Sahara or Alaska, depending on the time of year and the energy consciousness of the building management) your best bet for a "bonsai" may come from somewhere like this:

http://www.silkflowers.com/artificial-and-silk-trees/silk-bonsai-and-tabletop-trees Or, simply Google, Silk Bonsai.

Occasionally, you can find some that are fairly realistic. And all you have to do is dust them.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:59 am

And then find a friend who would be willing to let you use a space within his/her yard or balcony or patio to start your bonsai hobby.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  AK_Panama Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:36 pm

Many people do this...you should ask friends or family as Fiona suggests.

My girlfriend and I both are into this hobby and we use my parents' balcony as well as he parents' backyard. We are going to buy an apartment with a terrace so we can move our trees in the future.

AK_Panama
AK_Panama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2