Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review: Classical Bonsai Art - A Half Century of Bonsai Study, by William N. Valavanis

2 posters

Go down

Review: Classical Bonsai Art - A Half Century of Bonsai Study, by William N. Valavanis Empty Review: Classical Bonsai Art - A Half Century of Bonsai Study, by William N. Valavanis

Post  AndyRutledge Sun May 12, 2013 6:09 pm

Hey all,

Wanted to let you know I've published a review of William N. Valavanis' forthcoming book, touching on his 50 years of bonsai study and teaching.
http://bonsaijournal.com/review-classical-bonsai-art.html

Hope you might enjoy.
Andy
AndyRutledge
AndyRutledge

Back to top Go down

Review: Classical Bonsai Art - A Half Century of Bonsai Study, by William N. Valavanis Empty Book Review: Classical Bonsai Art: A Half Century of Bonsai Study, The Creations and Passion of William N. Valavanis

Post  Twisted Trees Mon May 13, 2013 4:39 pm

I recently had a chance to go through an advanced copy of "Classical Bonsai Art: A Half Century of Bonsai Study, The Creations and Passion of William N. Valavanis." I think this is the best book on bonsai that has come out in the 20 years since I've started bonsai. Bill has done what other excellent books have not done and that is combine world-class bonsai and photos and he shows the development of those trees. Add to that an in depth discussion of classical bonsai styles and techniques for training and this is a book that should be in everyone's bonsai library. Yuji Yoshimura's, "The Japanese Art of Miniature Trees and Landscapes" is often called the Bonsai Bible. Bill's book could be the Revised Standard Version
Twisted Trees
Twisted Trees

Back to top Go down