Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LONG GREEN STONE

+5
mathias
sunip
dick benbow
Todd Ellis
mike page
9 posters

Go down

LONG GREEN STONE Empty LONG GREEN STONE

Post  mike page Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:43 pm

The stone is about 14 inches long. The display table is faux marble.

LONG GREEN STONE Long-g11
mike page
mike page

Back to top Go down

LONG GREEN STONE Empty Re: LONG GREEN STONE

Post  Todd Ellis Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:53 am

Hi Mike,
I like the stone and the stand, but I am distracted by the gaps under the stone for some reason. I presume the stone is cut (which I don't mind); if it were cut "perfectly flat" and did not have gaps, it would look nicer. That said, I would love to have it on my table as is! Very Happy
Best, Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:26 am

beautiful stone. I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to presentation. I like to see dark daiza's or suiban
with darker sand. But like my other hobby (Koi) items placed on shows or exhibits are but a day or two away from being appreciated at home. The rest of the year the item should bring joy and satisfaction to the owner
in a manner a part from what other's think Smile
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:01 am

Hi Mike,
The picture does not allow us to see much of the shape and atmosphere of the nice stone.
When the mountain top part would be a bit longer it would increase the beauty of the stone,
now the top and the plateau part are to much of the same size.
For me the table is not helping, i feel Dick Benbow has a point here.
regards, Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  mathias Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:56 pm

It's a cut stone.... Mad
mathias
mathias

Back to top Go down

Post  suisekipr Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:17 pm

Very beautiful, good shape, color, texture! the Daiza should be a little deeper to give the feeling of naturalness, as the stones cut from Japan.
suisekipr
suisekipr

Back to top Go down

Post  mike page Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:01 pm

mathias wrote:It's a cut stone.... Mad

I don't see any bonsai shown "as is". Very Happy
mike page
mike page

Back to top Go down

Post  mathias Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:47 pm

I'm sorry mike, but I think that my english is not enough good to understand your precedent message. Can you talk "more slowly please" ? Very Happy
mathias
mathias

Back to top Go down

Post  mike page Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:43 pm

mike page wrote:
mathias wrote:It's a cut stone.... Mad

I don't see any bonsai shown "as is". Very Happy

Mathias, I'll admnit that my reply was somewhat "smart alec". Thats an English phrase for "sarcastic".

What I should have said is that to show a bonsai, much work is done to the tree to make it into a bonsai. Including much "cutting". Why should preparing a stone for exhibit be any different?
I know that cutting is a "bone of contention" (reason for argument) among stone people. I believe that a pleasing display is important, however it's achieved.
mike page
mike page

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:32 pm

But a cut stone is just that! A stone that has been altered by the hand of man is traditionally less aesthetically appealing than one that is as found. I can appreciate cut stones, if they are done in such a way that the cut is not obvious, but when it is, it is just as bad as badly machine carved bonsai deadwood. A stone that shows no obvious intervention is always more appealing to me.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:27 am

Mike,
Your Stone looks interesting but two things really bother me. To me, the cut edge exposed completely dominates the display and prevents
a Suiseki view. The faux stone to real stone placement does not elevate the display either. I envision something like Mas Nakajima and Janet Roth's Suiseki Art,a non traditional display where a cut stone is sunk into a wooden board with a Wabi Sabi feel. Care has been taken to fit the Suiseki to the board and the edge of the cut stone is concealed from view. A like display would, in my opinion, elevate your stone greatly. Just my thoughts.
Regards,
Mark

Mark

Back to top Go down

Post  trantanhung_nt Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:22 am

Hello MIKE PAGE and Mr . MARK ,
Mr. MARK , You are very reasonable : CUT STONE is an act of technical ... need to be concealed it away before viewers ... That is IF we want to enjoy the full of a CUT STONE , viewers must be completely forgotten role story CUT ...
Sincerely ,
Hưng - Trần .

trantanhung_nt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down