Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

update on yamadori Thuja

2 posters

Go down

update on yamadori Thuja Empty update on yamadori Thuja

Post  Kobokubonsai Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:46 pm

This is Aaron Bowden, maine state native. Northern species and conifers are my main thing. I would like to make an update on a entry made back in november 18 2010. I gained ownership of this yamadori north americam/canadian white cedar- Thuja' from my student. It was collected at Lake Huron somewhere around 2005- 2006. I need to get back with zack (denkazd) to get more approximate information from the original owner. I found an entry online doing a search describing ' Thuja' - T. Occidentalis and had pictures of the exact specimen.. In the same pot. You can only imagine my surprise to find it. I had not realized that he had made a question entry into the ibc. I've been trying to backtrack that posting so that I could update it infomation and photos. Would anyone have a way of knowing how to do that. This spring , Zack and I both repotted this four tree which is now a 3 tree composition. The smaller tree was successfully extracted from the mass and I gave it to him.. he now owns the smaller tree and a smaller pot. The specimen is with me in Indianapolis where I move to a little over a month ago. The tree is flourishing very well, has responded to its new soil and it's feeding. Some of the foliage mass has been reduced and as a lot of deadwood the needs to be played with. I'm in hopes that after it grows well through summer and fall I will be able to start styling it. Im a 23 + year veteran to bonsai and have studied with Colin Lewis. Now a new member with the indiana bonsai club Still a member of the cincinnati bonsai society continuing advanced training withTed Matson. Happy bonsai growing! Aaron

Kobokubonsai

Back to top Go down

update on yamadori Thuja Empty Re: update on yamadori Thuja

Post  coh Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:31 pm

Welcome to IBC! Not sure if this is what you're asking for, but here is a link to the thread in question:

Thuja design advice

Chris
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

update on yamadori Thuja Empty thank you

Post  Kobokubonsai Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:26 am

Thanks Chris!

I will try to figure out how to post pix as time goes.

Aaron

Kobokubonsai

Back to top Go down

update on yamadori Thuja Empty Re: update on yamadori Thuja

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down