Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ulmus Parvifolia 5 years progression

+45
AdamJonas
magoca
Bonzi
Nigel Parke
Neli
Nemphis
amazonida
leatherback
Speakergod
BonsaiJim
blackrose
dorothy7774
bingregory
davidlpf
bucknbonsai
rock
Gary Swiech
marcus watts
coh
Lnatural
John Quinn
Jesse
guy ward
pongsatorn.k
Seth Ellwood
Ryan
snobird
Mike Jones
rexman
ogi uyehara
ogie
GerhardGerber
mokster
slowly but surely
Pavel Slovák
Albert Ward
Russell Coker
hirow08
Mr. Moody
moyogijohn
littleart-fx
Jim McIntyre
fiona
Ian Young
Storm
49 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ulmus Parvifolia 5 years progression Empty Ulmus Parvifolia 5 years progression

Post  Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:04 pm

Last edited by David Cortizas on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:43 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Ulmus Parvifolia 5 years progression Empty Re: Ulmus Parvifolia 5 years progression

Post  Storm Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:22 pm

Very good job. Im impressed! The tree changed dramatically, and all to the better. Good thing you took photos of it all.
Great learning for the newbies. Lovely to see the dense rootsystem when you lift the tree out of the pot.
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Ulmus Parvifolia 5 years progression Empty Re: Ulmus Parvifolia 5 years progression

Post  Ian Young Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:30 pm

Fantastic set of progression photos and excellent progression for the tree too.
There are a lot of these Elms out there that would benefit from the same treatment.
Inspirational Dance
Ian Young
Ian Young

Back to top Go down

Ulmus Parvifolia 5 years progression Empty Ulmus Parvifolia 6 years evolution

Post  Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:43 pm

Great progression pictures and the tree s coming along beautifully.

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:58 pm

This was fascinating and lets us see what can be done with the often maligned Ulmus parvifolia. It is a magnificent tree when you see it like this.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Ulmus Parvifolia 5 years progression Empty Good Job !

Post  Jim McIntyre Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:22 pm

This was an excellent progression . You improved the tree with everything you did . I am not 100 % sold on the need for the first branch though . Well done .

Jim McIntyre

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:46 pm

Last edited by David Cortizas on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Ulmus Parvifolia 5 years progression Empty The Left Branch

Post  Jim McIntyre Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:55 pm

I prefer it more without the first branch . The first left branch should be elongated for balance . Nice tree .

Jim McIntyre

Back to top Go down

Post  littleart-fx Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:19 am

hi!

tHANKS FOR SHARING!

The left immage is standing still....one place nothing happens
The right immage is dancing cheers

You have done a great job,...
Btw.....how is the parrot?

grtz m
littleart-fx
littleart-fx

Back to top Go down

Ulmus Parvifolia 5 years progression Empty ulmus parifolia 5 year evolution

Post  moyogijohn Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:04 am

The tree is great!! you have done a lot of workto make it what it is ..my only opion would to have left the left branch!!any way it is a good tree be proud...great job take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Moody Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:19 am

Thank you, it is a beautiful tree. As a rookie I appreciate the progression pictures as it helps make expplain how it all comes together.
Is the frog still around somehow, I love frogs and that little guy put a smile on my face.

skunkyjoe wrote:I prefer it more without the first branch . The first left branch should be elongated for balance . Nice tree .

I agree with Skunkyjoe on the left branch. A little more length will balance it. With the branch there it feels too close to the soil and somehow un-natural.
Mr. Moody
Mr. Moody

Back to top Go down

Post  hirow08 Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:24 am

WOW very nice progression!

Thanks so much for sharing! ThumbsUp

hirow08

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:07 am

littleart-fx wrote:The left immage is standing still....one place nothing happens
The right immage is dancing cheers

Very well (and coherently, I might add) said! I kept wondering what it would look like without that branch, and I like it better too.

What a wonderful tutorial. Thanks for sharing.
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Ward Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:35 am

wow what an amazing transformation. Definitely worth the 5 yr wait. If I were you I'd leave the left branch and personaly I think the larger rounder white pot looks better and balances it more. Thanks for sharing and the idea!

Albert Ward

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:49 am

Hi Sankofabonsai

Very nice development tree. I think progression without error. Great transformation, congratulations. ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

Gretings Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  slowly but surely Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:31 am

Wow. Really nice progression series. As a newbie, I really appreciate the opportunity to see development like this. Thanks for the effort!
slowly but surely
slowly but surely

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:10 am

Hi Sankofabonsai

Loved to see all the photos, a very good job.

The low left branch is a bit low, but without, the tree loose ballance. I dont think it is enough to grow the next left branch bigger. It still have a ballance-problem.
I would cut off the right branch too, and make a new airlayering, further up the trunk.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  mokster Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:44 am

Excellent stuff! I was having trouble figuring out how to rootwork one of my trees and you cleared it right up with this progression series.

Bravo! thumbs up

mokster

Back to top Go down

Post  GerhardGerber Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:51 am

Thanks ever so much, just what I needed to see!
Great work and excellent progression.

Cheers
Gerhard

GerhardGerber

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:30 am

Hi Sankofabonsai,

Great tree there's more potential to come,is the back portion worth making it as a front for you?just a thought.. Question Hope things are well with you.Thanks for sharing

Your friend,
Alex/Ogie Very Happy
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  ogi uyehara Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:57 am

well done
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ogi uyehara
ogi uyehara

Back to top Go down

Post  rexman Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:58 pm

really no need for words, the pictures speak for themselves on this 5-year journey. excellent documentation and of course the progression.

if it were me, i'll keep the first left branch...
rexman
rexman

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Last edited by David Cortizas on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi Sankofabonsai

Your reply is very good. I thought you allready had cut off the first branch, and it was too late. Your tree will look a lot like the japanese tree in the future, this is good.
Your small trees are also very nice.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:14 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next