Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

small bonsai

+2
Tom Benda
bigbabol
6 posters

Go down

small bonsai Empty small bonsai

Post  bigbabol Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:28 am

scientific name:Muraya paniculata L (or Laurus nobilis?)
I have trained it for around 5 years, I paid 120 thousand VND for saler when it was a raw tree
the packages that you see on the surface of the pot are fertilizers ( they are combined with organic and chemical fertilizers)

small bonsai Dsc03736
small bonsai Dsc03735

regards
bigbabol

Last edited by bigbabol on Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
bigbabol
bigbabol

Back to top Go down

small bonsai Empty Re: small bonsai

Post  Tom Benda Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:32 am

I like this one, especially for the ´rare´species origin.
I´m going to read something about Hoang Sa.

Tom Benda

Back to top Go down

Post  daiviet_nguyen Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:17 am

Nice tree bigbabol,

What are in the bags? "Organic", does it happen to include cow/ox manure Smile? Over here, I sometimes use horse manure; the problem with this is foreign weeds (seeds) still alive. Cow and ox do not seem to have this problem.

Hi Tom,

Hoàng Sa -- its English name is Spratly Islands. Historically always belongs to the Vietnamese. The Chinese has taken part of its by force.
Paracel Islands -- the Chinese has already taken it from the Vietnamese by force in 1974.

Have a good week ahead gents.

Cheers.

daiviet_nguyen

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:37 pm

Over here, I sometimes use horse manure; the problem with this is
foreign weeds (seeds) still alive. Cow and ox do not seem to have this
problem.

It's a result of the number of stomachs they have (or don't have).

At any rate, bagged as they are, I doubt any weed seeds would escape from any horse manure used.

I have a LOT of that available right outside my doorway, but I don't use it straight onto my trees. It makes super compost, and super manure tea, however.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  bigbabol Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:31 pm

daiviet_nguyen wrote:Nice tree bigbabol,

What are in the bags? "Organic", does it happen to include cow/ox manure Smile? Over here, I sometimes use horse manure; the problem with this is foreign weeds (seeds) still alive. Cow and ox do not seem to have this problem.

Hi Tom,

Hoàng Sa -- its English name is Spratly Islands. Historically always belongs to the Vietnamese. The Chinese has taken part of its by force.
Paracel Islands -- the Chinese has already taken it from the Vietnamese by force in 1974.

Have a good week ahead gents.

Cheers.

hjhjhjhj, organic fertilizers that I used have been treated without disease and weeds, they are made in India or Australia
thank for your oponions about Hoang sa, glad to see your suggestion in my topic and I hope that I always see you in next topic Very Happy Very Happy
have a good week ahead agents too Very Happy
I regret being unable to disscus, to share many things with all you because my English is bad
thank you all
regards
bigbabol
bigbabol
bigbabol

Back to top Go down

small bonsai Empty BONSAI

Post  moyogijohn Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:38 am

Great looking tree you have there!! i like the trunk movement a lot..you guys are lucky to be able to grow a tree like this in that short of time...good job take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

small bonsai Empty Small Bonsai

Post  bonsaisr Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:44 am

bigbabol wrote:scientific name:Murraya paniculata L (or Laurus nobilis?)
bigbabol
Given the choice, I'm pretty sure it's Murraya paniculata, common English name orange jasmine. It should have orange-like flowers and possibly little round fruits. It is not rare in bonsai at all. Laurus nobilis would have large pointed leaves, the bay leaves of cooking. I don't believe it's used for bonsai, but is often grown as a pot plant, like rosemary.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down