Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Limonia acidissima bonsai

+9
Ravi Kiran
Budi Sulistyo
moyogijohn
Mauricio Lutz
Mohan
jrodriguez
pmdung75
daiviet_nguyen
bigbabol
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Limonia acidissima bonsai - Page 2 Empty Re: Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:41 pm

Hello Bigbabol,

I liked the tree so much, I have been exploring my island to see if we have any growing - chuckle.

Why not mix colour / pigment into the concrete, that way you don't have to re-paint the pot, as someone suggested. You may also test to see if you can use a coat of parafin wax, water thinned with mineral spirits to coat the pot -- AND LEAVE to CURE- Before putting a tree in it.

As to pots, if it were Yixing, I would pay 1000 US $ for it, if I had a tree worthy of such a cost. Presently, I don't need anything past 200$ US. Plus, there is a great fear of pots being chipped or broken during shipping.
[ I have a weakness for Yixing teapots and tree pots - ha ha ha ]

Apologies for the late reply, I am mostly paying attention to my re-potting.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  bigbabol Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:19 pm

thank you very much -khaimraj:D
your friend
ragards
bigbabol
bigbabol
bigbabol

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Meislik Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:30 pm

Is there anyone in the US with one of this species. I would love to try one, even from seed, if anyone knows of a source please let me know.
Jerry
Jerry Meislik
Jerry Meislik

Back to top Go down

Post  xuan le Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:09 pm

Jerry Meislik wrote:Is there anyone in the US with one of this species. I would love to try one, even from seed, if anyone knows of a source please let me know.
Jerry
Jerry
I lost several of this species may be due to the lack of a good environement in Winter (I don't have a green house). I do know a guy Alexandria, Va who has several large ones still in good health for sale and they are not cheap (of course he keeps his tropicals in a huge green house). Whenever you have a chance to make a trip to Washington DC just contact me and I can take you to his place.

Xuan

xuan le

Back to top Go down

Post  xuan le Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:12 pm

Oops! Sorry Jerry I mistake this specie with the Wrightia so forget about the inforamtions of the previous reply
Xuan

xuan le

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Meislik Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:15 pm

Xuan Le,
No problem.
Jerry
Jerry Meislik
Jerry Meislik

Back to top Go down

Limonia acidissima bonsai - Page 2 Empty For Xuan...

Post  tuyhoabob Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:19 pm

We're discussing this in another post however, other than some 'creative' inflation what you cite in those two articles is pretty much true.
With the new economy here we now have a very small but very rich class, a small to medium sized middle class and a huge poorer class. The prices are set on what the very rich can outbid each other to own then show off to each other. The 'bubble' will burst, it's a matter of time.

Bob
tuyhoabob
tuyhoabob

Back to top Go down

Post  xuan le Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:06 am

tuyhoabob wrote:We're discussing this in another post however, other than some 'creative' inflation what you cite in those two articles is pretty much true.
With the new economy here we now have a very small but very rich class, a small to medium sized middle class and a huge poorer class. The prices are set on what the very rich can outbid each other to own then show off to each other. The 'bubble' will burst, it's a matter of time.

Bob
The sooner the better for the bubble to burst.

Xuan

xuan le

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2